The DAMN crazy build

KrYpToCiD

Hello guys. I have in mind for a quite some time an idea for an AIO pc (WARNING! Don't want to play heavy duty games on it. Just some lite gaming (CS:GO mostly) and Photoshop. For the other games I have my main rig :) ) but I want to make it as clean as possible so less cables is kinda required. And this last requirement  brings up my problems. If I use one of the thin mITX boards to be able to power-up the screen and control it, I have only one cable to power it up but i gave up some performance. If I want to use a mITX mobo I can add an GPU (1050 TI) and power it from a picoPSU, but using this set-up I must to use another power cable to power the screen.

And the big question is........ What to do? What should I gave up? (I really want to make this AIO bulid)

If we are still here, will it be enough a 160W pico PSU to power an i5 4460  and GTX 1050TI ( it don't require additional power plug) or I should go bigger?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I've made some mistakes, my english is not the best =) 

Why do you want to water cool a gtx 1050 ti, or did I misunderstand you there. I wouldn't use a pico PSU in any way. Grab a normal one instead. When choosing don't try to choose a PSU as small as possible. If your rig "would" draw 200 watts for example you should use a 400 watts power supply+

My Box of Fµn:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

Case - Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass

PSU - BeQuiet 500W PurePower 10

Fans - BeQuiet PureWings 120mm x3; 140mm x2

Cooler - Corsair H100i v2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and THE POWER OF RGB

10 minutes ago, PrashMotion said:

Why do you want to water cool a gtx 1050 ti, or did I misunderstand you there. I wouldn't use a pico PSU in any way. Grab a normal one instead. When choosing don't try to choose a PSU as small as possible. If your rig "would" draw 200 watts for example you should use a 400 watts power supply+

I think he means an All in One PC like the screen with the actual PC

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Just now, Fictionvl said:

I think he means an All in One PC like the screen with the actual PC

this makes more sense, lol I read aio and think of water cooling immediately xD

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

@KrYpToCiD

Can you use an i5-4690T or i5-4590T? They are low power cpu and you might be able to squeeze everything into 160W. Although it will be very, very tight.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, brob said:

@KrYpToCiD

Can you use an i5-4690T or i5-4590T? They are low power cpu and you might be able to squeeze everything into 160W. Although it will be very, very tight.

To be honest that is actually a very good idea and put it in use. But I'll think about choosing a more powerfull PSU just in case. I mean there is a budget that I want to keep but I'll pass it if is necessary.

3 hours ago, PrashMotion said:

this makes more sense, lol I read aio and think of water cooling immediately xD

Yeah. Sorry about that. I've forgot about that meaning :))) 

Anyway..... leaving the PSU problem aside..... dose anyone has any idea about getting screen and pc to be powered by a single cord/ plug? This thing is bothering me more than anything.........

5 minutes ago, KrYpToCiD said:

Anyway..... leaving the PSU problem aside..... dose anyone has any idea about getting screen and pc to be powered by a single cord/ plug? This thing is bothering me more than anything.........

usually you will need one cord for each. 

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

16 minutes ago, PrashMotion said:

usually you will need one cord for each. 

yeah. Unfortunately I'm well aware about that :/ I've taught initially about a power splitter that split the power from wall plug to PSU and screen with something but I don't think how or if it'll work.

3 hours ago, KrYpToCiD said:

yeah. Unfortunately I'm well aware about that :/ I've taught initially about a power splitter that split the power from wall plug to PSU and screen with something but I don't think how or if it'll work.

An extension cord with 2-3 outlets. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 hours ago, KrYpToCiD said:

I would run a wire from the wall to the PSU, then daisy chain it to the moniter so its still one wire from the wall then the next wire comes from the PSU and as most moniters are 12 volt it could be done, the cleanest way woud be a custom cable from the psu to the moniter with say an 6+2 pin connector along the line so a GPU could be added at a alter date if wanted, I'm not sure a 160w will handle a cpu, mbo, gpu and moniter etc though but maybe it will I don't know lol.

This wa the pc/moniter would only need the psu pluged into the wall to run the pc and moniter like all other all in ones

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

11 hours ago, Brett_Bst said:

I would run a wire from the wall to the PSU, then daisy chain it to the moniter so its still one wire from the wall then the next wire comes from the PSU and as most moniters are 12 volt it could be done, the cleanest way woud be a custom cable from the psu to the moniter with say an 6+2 pin connector along the line so a GPU could be added at a alter date if wanted, I'm not sure a 160w will handle a cpu, mbo, gpu and moniter etc though but maybe it will I don't know lol.

This wa the pc/moniter would only need the psu pluged into the wall to run the pc and moniter like all other all in ones

This is an option...... I've taught about it too. The only difference will be an transformer thing (I don't think this is the right term in english :) ) that could divide an 85w for monitor and 160w or 200w (i don't know yet what I'll buy) for pc, but this would be custom made so it's kinda tricky.