How to Turn Off GPUBoost 3

First of all, I want to tell everyone how "temporarily" disable GPUBoost 3.0.  Go into Task Manager, Find GPUBoost.  There should be an icon that looks similar to MSI Afterburner, except Afterburner's symbol is pointed about 45 degrees, but in Task Manager is the same looking symbol, just pointed straight up.  So just end the process, but not the GPUBoost process.  This will do nothing.  You must end the program under it called GPUBoost_nvidia.exe..  You can end both processes, but you must do this each time you boot up.

So, the problem I'm having with it is when I play any video, mp4, Blu-Ray or even YouTube video, I get stuttering...badly.  I end the  GPUBoost_nvidia.exe process and everything is working perfectly.  What I don't understand is the ONLY thing I've installed, since it occurred is The Evil Within 2 game.  This is clearly a driver problem though since turning off the process fixes the problem.  I even (properly) uninstalled the previous driver, which had no problem stuttering until last night.  I thought upgrading the driver would fix it.  So, what's causing it???                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

AMD Ryzen 5900x Stock W / Noctua NH-U12S / ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO Mobo / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series RAM 16GB DDR4 3200 / Gigabyte Vision RTX 3080 Vision OC 10GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME / Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Crucial MX100 256GB SSD / Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB/ WD 1TB Black WD1001FALS HD / LG Blu-Ray Burner WH16NS40 / Corsair HX850 Modular PSU / Windows 10 Home x64 / LG 27GL650F-B 144Hz GSync Compatible @ 1080p / Cooler Master HAF 912

Well, I got rid of the GPUBoost.  It supposed to be part of Nvidia, but I found an icon on my taskbar.  I didn't notice it before because the icon was black, the same color as the taskbar.  Anyway, I simply uninstalled it and it has a weird message stating if you liked GPUBoost, let us know as if it was a 3rd party piece of software.  Also, I noticed that my fans don't spin unless it gets to 60c, like it's supposed to.  It was my understanding that GPUBoost was supposed to act as part of that function as well as overvolt controls and a few other things.  Anyway, it seems fine and all video playback is working normally.

AMD Ryzen 5900x Stock W / Noctua NH-U12S / ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO Mobo / G.Skill Ripjaws V Series RAM 16GB DDR4 3200 / Gigabyte Vision RTX 3080 Vision OC 10GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME / Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Crucial MX100 256GB SSD / Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB/ WD 1TB Black WD1001FALS HD / LG Blu-Ray Burner WH16NS40 / Corsair HX850 Modular PSU / Windows 10 Home x64 / LG 27GL650F-B 144Hz GSync Compatible @ 1080p / Cooler Master HAF 912