Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 headphone amp

defunkt

Does anyone know the impedance of the headphone amp on the 6i6? I've searched to no end and have found nothing.

thanks and all that

Edit: I worded that really badly...

hello

From what I know audio mixers don't have good headphone amps in them. As to what particular amp chip is inside, it doesn't really matter. It's not how good the chip is, but how well designed it is with the rest of the circuit.

From what I know audio mixers don't have good headphone amps in them. As to what particular amp chip is inside, it doesn't really matter. It's not how good the chip is, but how well designed it is with the rest of the circuit.

It does actually have bloody good headphones amps. that was one of the selling point for me :)

hello

It does actually have bloody good headphones amps. that was one of the selling point for me :)

So you're giving in to the marketing? Seems legit.

I'll dis-agree with you on that one.

Reviews...

Yeah, marketing.  :lol:

For studio work, these things are fine, I'm sure, but for modern headphones and critical listening it's better to get something with a low output impedance.

Yeah, marketing.  :lol:

For studio work, these things are fine, I'm sure, but for modern headphones and critical listening it's better to get something with a low output impedance.

Not even for studio work, at least if you work on headphones. Its brutally hard to make a good mix on an audio interface. 

Not even for studio work, at least if you work on headphones. Its brutally hard to make a good mix on an audio interface. 

Real studio work wont be done on headphones.

These headphone amps are not designed for mixing or mastering, they are soley designed to provide enough oomph so a recording artist can hear what they are playing and what they are playing to,  the only important features required to do this are noise isolation and clarity, not FR or bass.  Essentially a singer needs to be able to hear their ques and tone. That's it. 

Most mixers and recording interfaces have headphone amps for convenience not quality.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Does anyone know the impedance of the headphone amp on the 6i6? I've searched to no end and have found nothing.

not the 6i6 but the 2i2 abd 2i4 have 10 and 12 ohm respectively. So I would bank on it being at least 8/9 or above.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.