Beginner help! Phanteks Evolv Shift (X)

I love this case. Have it standing in the living room waiting for parts. 

Just to throw my own concerns in the mix. I'm debating what radiator setup to use. A 280 vs 240+120.

My concern with 280 is ofc cooling. So that's that.

The more complex concern revolves around the 240+120 setup. Airflow. 

I'm concerned a 38mm rad will be limiting airflow so it will heat up the case more than cooling it.

How does people think airflow will be with a 240+120 38mm setup? Push only. 

Will a single 36mm 280 be better? 

I do not think that you will be able to fit a 38mm 120 at the bottom, but a 38mm 240 is probably possible. 

Airflow wise i think the difference in thickness will make a significant difference as long as you have decent static pressure fans

On 2017-11-26 at 11:23 PM, Below27 said:

Hey guys, for those interested, the build is finished! (although missing one last connection to finish the daisy chain with the rgb reservoir) 

Thanks for all your help! 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LvZRsY

Awesome notes on your process! This has definitely helped me a ton in planning out my build—thank you very much Below27 and everyone else in this thread!

I particularly liked your placement of the drain valve so that it would completely drain the radiators (most of the other builds that I saw wouldn’t allow for that...): I’m wondering if you were able to fill the loop from this point, or if it’s required that you fill it from the reservoir? (This is my first time doing a custom WC loop, apologies if this is a noob question!)