How to do research on Hate Speech?

I'm helping my girlfriend do research for a paper she's writing, and we have 4 of 5 scholarly articles. For the last one, we're trying to find one arguing against our viewpoint, so that we can debunk it. We try to google it, but even with safesearch off, all the results are just sarcastic or a parody of hate speech, without any actual hate speech. Although it's definitely a positive thing that google is trying to bury that kind of stuff, it's making this assignment really difficult. Does anyone know how to get search results (doesn't have to be google specifically) that include examples of hate speech? Thanks!

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

You can start here https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/identity-politics/ 

You can go look for the history of the American 1st amendment on what it encompasses and what are the limitations and how the extreme sides of the left and the right political spectrum is killing it. You can even look on what is happening at universities and colleges becoming “safe spaces” and every word to say requires trigger warnings. Sadly, that’s all I can say at the moment given that if I go any further, I’d receive my first warning point. 

I hope this helps 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

You can start here https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/identity-politics/ 

You can go look for the history of the American 1st amendment on what it encompasses and what are the limitations and how the extreme sides of the left and the right political spectrum is killing it. You can even look on what is happening at universities and colleges becoming “safe spaces” and every word to say requires trigger warnings. Sadly, that’s all I can say at the moment given that if I go any further, I’d receive my first warning point. 

I hope this helps 

yeah i do suppose this could kinda be a problem... if you or anyone is uncomfortable posting publically PM me, although i'm sure a mod would understand the context of this conversation.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

3 minutes ago, CommandMan7 said:

yeah i do suppose this could kinda be a problem... if you or anyone is uncomfortable posting publically PM me, although i'm sure a mod would understand the context of this conversation.

I wouldn’t mind discussing it in this thread if it’s just between us or people participating in are civil but expecting all people to be in a civil conversation is like expecting pigs to fly. So yeah, ain’t doing that here and I’d do it in a PM. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Hate speech has been around for centuries, from dictators to kings. It's arbitrary and anything could be listed as hate speech.

For example, saying anything bad against Kim Jong Un is considered hate speech in the DPRK.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

23 minutes ago, Kamina said:

Hate speech has been around for centuries, from dictators to kings. It's arbitrary and anything could be listed as hate speech.

For example, saying anything bad against Kim Jong Un is considered hate speech in the DPRK.

BINGO

"Hate speech" is basically a term used to shut a viewpoint or really anything down.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Intel sucks so bad it is the worst. Anyone using Intel chips as their processing unit in their pc deserves to ......

What exactly are you trying to research? 

"Hate speech" as a concept is very much a legal and social concept, which seeks to either limit or direct expression of any kind. 

Depending on what you need an article on, you could easily find legal articles talking about the positive or negative aspects of, say, anti-racism laws or anti-blasphemy laws. 

You could also find sociological articles that could argue for and against the instilling of certain values to out expression I.E. creating a social pressure or mechanism that makes certain expressed idea so taboo that it's undesirable for people to express them. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

there was a supreme court case back in the 60s? which they ruled that the KKK had the right to march as it was protected by the 1st amendment. 

i cant remember the name of it, but you can use the opinions, both the majority and dissenting, as part of your paper.

if you find the name of that case you can also look on wikipedia and then check the "references" section at the bottom and see if there are any scholarly sources used for you to peruse.