My PC resets himself without warnings :O

Tsviki

Hello there people. So ive got the new Shadow of War game, and GeForce Experience wanted me to install a new driver, so I did.

Today I was playing some SoW, and suddenly my PC shut itself down, and auto rebooted himself, when the boot was over it started a Windows Update so I was thinking maybe Windows is stupid so it updates me with no warning. But this reset autoboot problem is still going on, even on other games like League of Legends (my resolution got wired, changed it back and it did that again). Im not sure if its my PSU or my GPU causing this problem, and I dont know if there is any fix to this that I can do in order to stop this madness. Do note that my PC didnt do that thing when im on the web, only when im gaming. Someone knows this problem and knows how to take care of that? Thanks :D

Try installing the older driver to see if that fixes the problem. Then you can be sure it's a driver problem and not a hardware problem.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Try installing the older driver to see if that fixes the problem. Then you can be sure it's a driver problem and not a hardware problem.

Yeah im working on that atm to see if this helps. thx :D

you could also try to monitor temp's. this sounds like an automatic shutdown from overheating.

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

you could also try to monitor temp's. this sounds like an automatic shutdown from overheating.

I did monitored my temps, nothing went above 58C' in any part of the system.

Windows 10 mysteries. Probably some driver that is causing that POS software to crap it's pants and reboot.

Good luck finding it, took me months to find it, more months to try and fix it but eventually just went back to windows 7 :)

Just now, Majestic said:

Windows 10 mysteries. Probably some driver that is causing that POS software to crap it's pants and reboot.

Good luck finding it, took me months to find it, more months to try and fix it but eventually just went back to windows 7 :)

Wow. that is positive :\

1 minute ago, Tsviki said:

Wow. that is positive :\

I've seen so many of these posts. Sometimes it's the Nvidia driver, sometimes it's even the Blue Yeti mic driver. Something happened with the creator update that just threw a wrench in the works with drivers.

Just now, Majestic said:

I've seen so many of these posts. Sometimes it's the Nvidia driver, sometimes it's even the Blue Yeti mic driver. Something happened with the creator update that just threw a wrench in the works with drivers.

I can agree that since the creator update im getting more issues then before. About the drivers, the only driver ive updated is the GPU one so im guessing that is the problem.

you could try rewmoving the geforce driver fully with a program called Display Driver Uninstaller, DDU for short. and then reinstalling the driver.

She/Her

1 minute ago, Tsviki said:

I can agree that since the creator update im getting more issues then before. About the drivers, the only driver ive updated is the GPU one so im guessing that is the problem.

You also had a windows update that rolled. Maybe roll back on drivers that you...oh wait you can't, windows10 doesn't let you pick and choose updates!.

*rips away nipplepatches*

*starts rubbing nipples*

Just now, firelighter487 said:

you could try rewmoving the geforce driver fully with a program called Display Driver Uninstaller, DDU for short. and then reinstalling the driver.

Ive went to the Nvidia website and installed the drivers again manually. I just need to test if its fixed now.

10 minutes ago, Majestic said:

You also had a windows update that rolled. Maybe roll back on drivers that you...oh wait you can't, windows10 doesn't let you pick and choose updates!.

*rips away nipplepatches*

*starts rubbing nipples*

can I make a reviewtechusa joke here

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

57 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Well I did reinstalled the driver before the current one went into game and got that reboot shit again, im thinking its windows.. that fkn update it did fucked everything.

*UPDATE* *FIXED*

Well a friend of mine @KermitFTW suggested to do a "load default" from the bios, turns out that fixed the problem. Kermit is a god.

You're using an accountant as a personal computer? Or did you see your PC as a guy like some rally drivers refer to their cars as "she". 

Dude: That's one hot car!

Other dude: Yeah, she is! She's got no exhaust pipes!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers