Dallon426

Hi, I've got the following components

I7 7700k

One SSD

Two HDD 3.5'

Low profile heatsink

Itx mobo AsRock z270 itx/AC

Be quiet pure power 640w psu

I don't want a graphics card as I just record audio for music.

I'm looking for a very quiet build. And small case.  I can swap the PSU for something else so that's no problem.

Ideally I'd like an easy access case. Something like an htpc (I think)

I know about the Silverstone ml03 and ml04

Any other tips or anything is appreciated.

Sharkoon c10

Corsair 250D

Cooler master Elite 110

Lian Li PC-Q34KMP

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

33 minutes ago, Dallon426 said:

Hi, I've got the following components

I7 7700k

One SSD

Two HDD 3.5'

Low profile heatsink

Itx mobo AsRock z270 itx/AC

Be quiet pure power 640w psu

I don't want a graphics card as I just record audio for music.

I'm looking for a very quiet build. And small case.  I can swap the PSU for something else so that's no problem.

Ideally I'd like an easy access case. Something like an htpc (I think)

I know about the Silverstone ml03 and ml04

Any other tips or anything is appreciated.

Corsair 100R or 2xxR or 7xxT,they look nice.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

30 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202

requires SFX PSU (there is also a variant with a build in one)

Node 202 cant hold two 3.5" HDD's :( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

28 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Corsair 100R or 2xxR or 7xxT,they look nice.

He has an mITX motherboard, he's looking for a small case as well...

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

He has an mITX motherboard, he's looking for a small case as well...

oh,ok.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Then i'd recommend a Corsair 250D

18 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Node 202 cant hold two 3.5" HDD's :( 

It can if you don't install a graphics card in it, which @Dallon426 doesn't seem to intend to do anyway. Sticking a second HDD in the GPU slot would be really easy to do with double-sided mounting tape.

I'dstill suggest the Node 202 in this case as it's really good looking and has a smaller footprint than most other mITX SFF cases unless you start going into indie projects.

3 minutes ago, Ryvaeus said:

It can if you don't install a graphics card in it, which @Dallon426 doesn't seem to intend to do anyway. Sticking a second HDD in the GPU slot would be really easy to do with double-sided mounting tape.

I'dstill suggest the Node 202 in this case as it's really good looking and has a smaller footprint than most other mITX SFF cases unless you start going into indie projects.

I tend to stay away from recommending sticking HDD's to places they weren't intended to be. Yes it would definitely work, and the Node 202 would be a great case in every other regard. I just dont recommend it as the first solution, rather a last resort.

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I tend to stay away from recommending sticking HDD's to places they weren't intended to be. Yes it would definitely work, and the Node 202 would be a great case in every other regard. I just dont recommend it as the first solution, rather a last resort.

Gotcha. I'm a bit flexible on what I'd be willing to do to fit components in a case, and if OP is too then the Node 202 is a good choice.

Here's a couple ways it can be done. Note the second pic, which stacks two 3.5 HDDs, would also allow for an ITX-sized graphics card to still fit as well.

If OP isn't comfortable with alternative mounting methods though then I'd suggest an HTPC case instead since he's not looking to install a graphics card anyway.

FIiPBAMh.jpeg

ywLB9oSh.jpeg

I found this case although it's fairly expensive.  This is pretty sweet

I also might add that I need to use a pcie slot in the future.  For whatever I may need.  Probably an RME Adat card.  Or possibly a thunderbolt card.  I'm not sure if they would fit in the graphics card bay with two 3.5 drives and one ssd

3 hours ago, Dallon426 said:

I found this case although it's fairly expensive.  This is pretty sweet

There's also an even smaller TU100, though I'm not sure it can hold 2 3.5" HDD's

What is wrong with sharkoon c10? It's cheap, has support for 2 3/5 inch drives 1 2/5  inch drive, room for a full sized dual slot graphics card, and a atx power supply. Only bad thing is that first time building is hard. Also this case is TINY. It is the width of itx motherboard and tje lenght of a grapics card. Look the case up please.