Divinity Original Sin 2

WhiteWulfe

I'm sure a lot of have heard of this game, but I'd like the few that haven't, that you're really missing out if u haven't played this or do not plan on playing this if you're a fan of RPG games. Best damn rpg game I have played in over a decade, and yes that's including it being better than Skyrim, but that's personal preference for me. Spread the word guys and gals. Support Larian Studios. They're a great company that hasn't been warped by big corporate businesses or anything of that sort quite yet. 

RPG's aren't really my thing so i'll wait for a sale thank you

My life

35 minutes ago, Himommies said:

RPG's aren't really my thing so i'll wait for a sale thank you

Yeah np. It's 45 brand new, and their last game, they didn't add any actual dlc. What you got, was what you got. Assuming they'll do the same with this one and I'm glad of that. Brings me back to the good old days when we paid for a full game instead of extra "DLC" coming out for it right when the game launches anyways lol. 

Im 50h in with two Friends in Coop. 10/10. Best Game in Years.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

truly amazing game indeed, I just got to the second area today, and damn its big. And when I was starting to think combat was getting easy, here I am getting rekt. Im planning on playing the first original sin too

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Skyrim's Action-Adventure, not RPG. Also, a pretty bad game in most respects: Nice-looking world, but terrible writing, quest design, combat, inventory management, etc.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

47 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Skyrim's Action-Adventure, not RPG. Also, a pretty bad game in most respects: Nice-looking world, but terrible writing, quest design, combat, inventory management, etc.

Not traditional RPG but RPG nonetheless.

055aae6ce2.png

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

43 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Not traditional RPG but RPG nonetheless.

055aae6ce2.png

Nah. Skyrim lacks the "role" aspect that makes an RPG, and instead uses quest directives and markers. Bethesda label it RPG just because that's what's best for marketing, making the game design sound more mature and sophisticated than it actually is. The RPG label has been heavily abused and exploited since the Xbox 360 generation, and maybe a bit before.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Nah. Skyrim lacks the "role" aspect that makes an RPG, and instead uses quest directives and markers. Bethesda label it RPG just because that's what's best for marketing, making the game design sound more mature and sophisticated than it actually is. The RPG label has been heavily abused and exploited since the Xbox 360 generation, and maybe a bit before.

well, it depends. I kinda agree with you, rpg is being used for everything, even dark souls is called a rpg (and its REALLY not), but in skyrim I get the feel to play a role, and you have choices, so for me it is a rpg. And tough skryim has its flaws, it is an excellent game, and when it launched was really something that stood out. 

But coming back to divinity, well, that is what I call traditional rpg: you can solve everything in numerous ways, the game was built for it. Even the devs must get surprised with all the possibilities the players create.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

4 hours ago, Taja said:

well, it depends. I kinda agree with you, rpg is being used for everything, even dark souls is called a rpg (and its REALLY not), but in skyrim I get the feel to play a role, and you have choices, so for me it is a rpg. And tough skryim has its flaws, it is an excellent game, and when it launched was really something that stood out. 

But coming back to divinity, well, that is what I call traditional rpg: you can solve everything in numerous ways, the game was built for it. Even the devs must get surprised with all the possibilities the players create.

He's got a point there. Even fps games such as borderlands and sunset overdrive are considered hybrid rpgs. Games are so diverse anymore, kind of hard to categorize them anymore. To me though an rpg is simply a game about story driven quests, loot, and a character progression system. Those are the bare minimums though.