GPU Cooling QUestion

JKsinsa

Hi. I'm currently running an EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified in a NZXT H440 case.

I didn't add or change any of the stock fans and their configuration.

I like to run my system on the quiet side, but I need to run my GPU fans at around 80%

just to keep the card under 80C (and it's rather loud for my pref).

I was wondering if adding more case exhaust fans or switching out the stock fans to better ones would help me get my system quieter.

Also, I was thinking about maybe getting an all-in-one for my cpu and have the fans on the radiator be exhausts.

Would this at all contribute to keeping my gpu cooler?

being fairly old, removing the stock heat sink and giving it some new good quality thermal paste could give you some good results on the cheap... also without mention make sure the heat sink isn't clogged up with dust

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

35 minutes ago, JKsinsa said:

Hi. I'm currently running an EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified in a NZXT H440 case.

I didn't add or change any of the stock fans and their configuration.

I like to run my system on the quiet side, but I need to run my GPU fans at around 80%

just to keep the card under 80C (and it's rather loud for my pref).

I was wondering if adding more case exhaust fans or switching out the stock fans to better ones would help me get my system quieter.

Also, I was thinking about maybe getting an all-in-one for my cpu and have the fans on the radiator be exhausts.

Would this at all contribute to keeping my gpu cooler?

As the other poster said, I'd definitely reseat the GPU with a high quality thermal paste.  Can't hurt, and will probably help.

Air flow in a case is important, obviously....slightly more intake, than exhaust, ensures positive air pressure inside the case, which should decrease dust build up.

Adding an AIO for the CPU....that's fine and good, but using the warm air from inside the case, to exhaust out through the radiator, will only decrease the AIO's cooling performance.  Warmer air running through the radiator, increases the minimum temperature that the coolant can be cooled to, thus reducing efficiency.  You ALWAYS want the coolest air possible, going through the radiator.  There are no exceptions.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

2 hours ago, MrMarriarty said:

being fairly old, removing the stock heat sink and giving it some new good quality thermal paste could give you some good results on the cheap... also without mention make sure the heat sink isn't clogged up with dust

thanks! :D