R9 270 driver black screen

TheGTXman

(Thought I would ask 1 more time just to see if anyone had any answers) .So I picked up an xfx r9 270 on the cheap and the previous owner said that he used it perfectly up until a new driver came out and now he can't so he sold it. I popped it in a pc just to test and standard vga driver works fine but when you try to install a driver you get a black screen right after it gets to installing video driver . I tried AMD 16.5.3 as well as the newest drivers and same results on both I even uninstalled the driver and tried installing in windows 7 . I don't know if it can be fixed but It would be nice if we can get it running any advice would be of help.I also updated the vga bios . Thanks!

DDU and try again. Try way older drivers, something like a year ago. 

Maybe update the card bios if there are any stable updated. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 3:09 AM, IKnight said:

DDU and try again. Try way older drivers, something like a year ago. 

Maybe update the card bios if there are any stable updated. 

I tried 14.4 and it had horizontal lines across the screen ( which was supposed to be fixed in the next update 14.9) and it would crash after a minute or 2 and freeze I updated the vga bios but I might try that again.I tried 14.9 and got black screen and freeze seems to only get hope in windows 7 on 14.4 because in windows 10 as soon as the driver installs it starts using it but in 7 it restarts and then uses it .