Do I just have a bad chip?

Nice and simple. I don't know a whole lot about OC'ing, or much in general, But it just seems like my 1700X likes being a pain in the ass. It started off at 3.8Ghz @ 1.35v, Then after a reinstall of windows, That clock seems to just be very unstable. Not sure what's up with that, but whatever, I took it down to 3.6Ghz. And well, under heavy load, for example C15 benchmark, where it hits 100% load, the temp hits about 75C, and the screen will freeze for a few seconds, then come back, almost as if all motion has stopped and then skipped to where it would have been, had it never stopped in the first place. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my computer in general, or my OC, or something else entirely. But i'm quite boggled as to what is wrong.

Ontop of that, I seem to be averaging a 36.5C idle temp, currently on 2% load It rockets up to 55-60C when watching a youtube video, and as stated before, tops out at around 75C

I'm rocking a Corsair H115i with it's stock fans, and it seems to run better if i run it off the CPU package temp on the balanced preset. Then if i can't stand the rapid fan changes, and set it to the H115i Temp, it just tops out it's temp under any load, and stays there until i stop whatever i'm doing and just let it idle again

So long story short, Do i need to just lower my OC, or my voltage, or something in my bios, Or is this possibly some kind of problem with my bios or cpu, or something. Like i said, I have no real idea what i'm doing here, and can only go off what i've read and watched from reliable sources, such as here, the LTT youtube, other tech youtubers etc. 

Thank you very much in advance if anyone can help me, or re-assure me that i'm over reacting and it's all a-ok 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

look at the fan curve for the cooler, or the cooling is bad. You cant compare amd to intel amd cpus gets much hotter then intel, and you have to remember the max temp on the amd is 95*c , look at the cooling and if that does not work look at setting it at stock speeds. How hot is it where you live?

What is you motherboard model?

Sheep, fluffy sheep, flock of fluffy sheep.

54 minutes ago, Bwithnewcast said:

amd cpus gets much hotter then intel

Not this time around. Lol.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

1 hour ago, Bwithnewcast said:

look at the fan curve for the cooler, or the cooling is bad. You cant compare amd to intel amd cpus gets much hotter then intel, and you have to remember the max temp on the amd is 95*c , look at the cooling and if that does not work look at setting it at stock speeds. How hot is it where you live?

The fan curve is fine. I've tried the quiet, agressive, and balanced presets, as well as a custom, and fixed speed. And it's usually around 10-15C usually, only Spring at the moment

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

1 hour ago, riz06 said:

What is you motherboard model?

I've got the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero. on the 1701 BIOS 

@MufastangYour CPU temperatures are definitely too hot to be running an AIO. Are you sure the thing's operating correctly? I'm on a Noctua air cooler and my Ryzen 5 1600 at 3.8GHz 1.35v rarely ever goes higher than 60c. You've ever screwed up the TIM placement, your fans suck, or the AIO isn't working right.

As a test, clock it at 3.6GHz at 1.35v and manually turn all fans up to 100% and monitor your temperatures. At idle (all cores below 5% in HWiNFO), your temperatures should be around 30c. Then hit it with a stress test. Your temps should never reach 60c.

Edit: I don't know if you've ever messed with the Loadline Calibration (LLC) settings, but turn them off (or lowest setting).

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Just now, johndms said:

@MufastangYour CPU temperatures are definitely too hot to be running an AIO. Are you sure the thing's operating correctly? I'm on a Noctua air cooler and my Ryzen 5 1600 at 3.8GHz 1.35v rarely ever goes higher than 60c. You've ever screwed up the TIM placement, your fans suck, or the AIO isn't working right.

As a test, clock it at 3.6GHz at 1.35v and manually turn all fans up to 100% and monitor your temperatures. At idle (all cores below 5% in HWiNFO), your temperatures should be around 30c. Then hit it with a stress test. Your temps should never reach 60c.

Well, I got the computer put together by a store. (Centercom). So I would hope that it's been put together right, i'm running the stock fans, and I think the AIO is working fine, fans are running, feels secure on the chip. etc. But I'll go to stock settings and just try running some stress tests to see how it goes..

Alrighty, Well i decided just to throw stock settings back on it, Just to see how it runs. And it's running at around 28C idle, And at load it's hitting about 62. Mind you this is at 100% fan speed. I'm not sure if this is hot for 3.4Ghz, But yeah. I'm not sure what to do. Tomorrow I might try opening up my computer and just double check the heatsink is actually secure, and everything physically is actually working. After that I might just do a hell of a lot of tweaking in the bios to see if there's something there that's messing it up