New Gaming Rig

Hello All,

So I have a quick question. I have been focusing in launching my new business and I really have not been keeping up with any of the new tech over the last 6 months or so. Now that I kind of have my business going in the right direction,  etc. I would really like to start getting back into PC Gaming! But I am going to have to build a new gaming rig and like I mentioned earlier I havent been keeping up with whats "best".  Back 6 months ago I planned for ny next gaming rig to be built around a Ryzen 1800x CPU, but I am not sure if this is the route I should still go? I can tell you that I will be using a GTX 1080Ti Hybrid GPU. As far as the CPU, I am kinda stuck between 3 of them but I could be easily persuaded to go a different route hehe. As of now it is either a Intel 7800x, a Intel 6800k or a AMD Ryzen 1800x. I will be needing it to be as cost effective as possible and although the 7800x CPU has come down in price, the 299x motherboard is still pretty pricey. Anyways I wouldlike to get the communities opinion on which way to go with this new build. 

Thanks, 

Rich

The R7 1800X is a poor buy when the R7 1700 exists since you can overclock the latter to match or surpass the clockspeeds of the R7 1800X.

For a pure gaming rig, you should definitely be looking at the i7-8700K.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder