why dont all games use euphoria ragdoll

xtrax

I'm pretty sure most developers don't use the euphoria natural motion physics engine (ragdolls) in their games. I find it pretty disappointing, especially with some games. The only game developer so far that I've encountered that features ragdolls is Rockstar. My question is why????? don't all developers use it when it makes the game so much better

1 hour ago, xtrax said:

I'm pretty sure most developers don't use the euphoria natural motion physics engine (ragdolls) in their games. I find it pretty disappointing, especially with some games. The only game developer so far that I've encountered that features ragdolls is Rockstar. My question is why????? don't all developers use it when it makes the game so much better

I'd expect it would be licencing, as GTA IV had it, so there wasn't any other reason why GTA V didn't.

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson

1. It's not a core gameplay feature. Devs are having a hard enough time finishing games, let's not help them get more distracted

2. They have to learn what it is, how to use it, and then find out how to implement it properly for EVERYTHING

3. It may cost money. 

3.1 incase it's free. It may be limited, or not do everything the developer wants. You'll see a lot of creation vlogs talk about techlonogies saying "yeah it was quite limited so we just made our own from scratch." 

4. There are easier solutions. Bodies can play a swift animation, or dissapear when killed instead. Maybe they use a different rag doll system. 

5. Most people don't care.  

Optimization and time constraints.

Unless your game is a body-stacking physics-puzzle then ragdolls are not a core gameplay feature.

Its too realistic for casual kiddies, whole GTA V physics got downgraded to appeal to the chidlren crowd who cried about GTA IV's realism.