Ryzen 5 1600X does it work?

I’ve recently bought ryzen 5 1600x and I can’t seem to get it to work. It’s an entirely new build everything I bought is brand new out the box and as far as I know it’s all compatible. 

Asus B350 MOBO

2 8GB DDR4 Viper memory

Gigabyte geforce GTX1060

Basically it powers on but nothing will come up on screen at all. I was told it might be the RAM that might be faulty but I’ve already went and returned the first ram and replaced it. Any help at all with what my problem might be would be appreciated. 

Just now, Matt707 said:

I’ve recently bought ryzen 5 1600x and I can’t seem to get it to work. It’s an entirely new build everything I bought is brand new out the box and as far as I know it’s all compatible. 

Asus B350 MOBO

2 8GB DDR4 Viper memory

Gigabyte geforce GTX1060

Basically it powers on but nothing will come up on screen at all. I was told it might be the RAM that might be faulty but I’ve already went and returned the first ram and replaced it. Any help at all with what my problem might be would be appreciated. 

You have to reboot on and off 4 times for a post. Because the motherboard hasnt seen or used that CPU Before so it syncs settings. Wait 5 seconds each time you turn it on and off 4 times. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

1 minute ago, Killstreak said:

You have to reboot on and off 4 times for a post. Because the motherboard hasnt seen or used that CPU Before so it syncs settings. Wait 5 seconds each time you turn it on and off 4 times. 

Wat. Is that a Ryzen or ASUS B350 specific thing? Never heard of having to do that.

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-7820X @ 4.2GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
  • RAM
    32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4
  • GPU
    GTX 1080Ti FE
  • Case
    Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
  • Storage
    500GB 960 Pro SSD, 240GB PNY SATA SSD, 3TB WD Red NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair RMx Series, RM850x
  • Display(s)
    3x 1080p Garbage
  • Cooling
    Fully Custom EK :D
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma "Clicky"
  • Mouse
    Razer Super Mega Black Mamba of Death 9000DPI
  • Sound
    Logitech Something with a broken bass adjustment knob so it's always rupturing spleens
  • Operating System
    NSA-Approved version of Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, BWLServers said:

Wat. Is that a Ryzen or ASUS B350 specific thing? Never heard of having to do that.

An asus thing. I do it everytime I build a ryzen system. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

19 minutes ago, Matt707 said:

Asus B350 MOBO

2 8GB DDR4 Viper memory

Gigabyte geforce GTX1060

Double check your manual to make sure you're inserting your ram into the correct board slots. It seems to matter.

The first time I powered on my system after building it, it took several minutes to show anything on the screen. I've heard of some taking up to 10 minutes to POST the first time. If I were you, I'd visit the board's support site and download the most recent bios and have it ready. Update the bios as soon as you get in.

Keep in mind that once you set ram frequency, voltage, or timings, most Ryzen boards will cycle power off/on a few times while trying to 'train' or learn appropriate, working sub-timings. This is normal, but if it's unable to find working timings, it'll wipe all settings and load defaults. It's nothing to panic over.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

25 minutes ago, Matt707 said:

Asus B350 MOBO

2 8GB DDR4 Viper memory

Gigabyte geforce GTX1060

What mobo specifically? I'm not seeing that memory on any B350 qvl.