Star Wars Battlefront 2 Beta: Performance

Mathsnerds

Hello,

I just started playing the SWBF2 Beta today and found that I can only achieve 60fps on complete low settings, which is unacceptable for me. I have 2 GTX 760s (in a single card, check specs bellow).

I am confused as to why I am only getting 40-60fps even on medium. I understand that the game doesn't take advantage directly of 2 GPUs. I have tried to force frame rendering in the Nvidia Control Panel to no avail.

I have the recommended CPU for the game, the FX-8350, so it surely wouldn't be a problem with that, would it? Is it time for me to upgrade my GPU?

KRONOS:

// AMD FX 8350 // ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z // G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2x8 1866Mhz DDR3 // ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC // CORSAIR SPEC-03 // Kingston SSD v300Now 120GB, 1TB WD Blue // Cooler Master V750 750W // 1x BENQ GL2760H 1080p 60hz 2ms // Corsair H75 CPU Cooler // Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Battlefeild 4 Collectors Edition\K70 RGB Lux Cherry RED // Razer Deathadder Chroma // Logitech G213 Speakers // ASUS ROG MARS GTX 760 X2 (Retired) // Windows 8.1

Please check for CPU and GPU usage to understand what's limiting it, it's the first thing you should do.

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, I'm doubting the CPU is the issue considering that Frostbite actually does scale fairly well to multiple cores.

What happens if you only use one GPU in the card (if you can)?

2 minutes ago, Max Caulfield said:

Please check for CPU and GPU usage to understand what's limiting it, it's the first thing you should do.

I'll give these a try, give me a couple minutes. Thanks

KRONOS:

// AMD FX 8350 // ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR V FORMULA Z // G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2x8 1866Mhz DDR3 // ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 OC // CORSAIR SPEC-03 // Kingston SSD v300Now 120GB, 1TB WD Blue // Cooler Master V750 750W // 1x BENQ GL2760H 1080p 60hz 2ms // Corsair H75 CPU Cooler // Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Battlefeild 4 Collectors Edition\K70 RGB Lux Cherry RED // Razer Deathadder Chroma // Logitech G213 Speakers // ASUS ROG MARS GTX 760 X2 (Retired) // Windows 8.1

5 minutes ago, Mathsnerds said:

I'll give these a try, give me a couple minutes. Thanks

CPU usage is around 70-90% GPU1 Usage is 95-100% whereas GPU2 Usage sits at 3% as it usually does.

FPS: 35-55

This is all on medium settings. Any thoughts?

KRONOS:

2 minutes ago, Mathsnerds said:

CPU usage is around 70-90% GPU1 Usage is 95-100% whereas GPU2 Usage sits at 3% as it usually does.

FPS: 35-55

This is all on medium settings. Any thoughts?

BF2 doesn't support SLI so it performs like a single 760.

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."

7 minutes ago, GamingMemeKing said:

I played the beta today.

I have a single GTX 770.

(Other specs in signature, besides GPU of course.)

I was getting around 50-60 FPS on Medium settings.

I'm now thinking on upgrading. What are the most suitable upgrades from here? I personally know what I want but I want your opinions. Thanks!

KRONOS:

15 minutes ago, Mathsnerds said:

I'm now thinking on upgrading. What are the most suitable upgrades from here? I personally know what I want but I want your opinions. Thanks!

Whole system upgrade is in order. Time to retire the 8350. I get 90-100 cpu usage on 780ti in BF1 and gpu usage is around 70-90