Laptop Screen Randomly Freezing, System Hangs

The laptop's model is ASUS K550VX-DM027D. Specs are as follows: 

CPU Intel Core i7-6700HQ (4-core, 2.60 -3.50 GHz, 6MB cache)
RAM 16GB (2x 8192MB) - DDR4, 2133MHz
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (4GB GDDR5)
STORAGE       256GB SKHynix SSD
SCREEN 15.6-inch (39.62 cm.) - 1920x1080 (Full HD), matte

it came with FreeDOS. I've installed a fresh Windows 10 Creators Update on it and don't use too many programs. I have a few games, Chrome, Skype, Discord, MS Office, that sort of stuff. 

The problem is that the laptop's screen randomly turns black, the backlight stays on, Ctrl-Alt-Del does not work, closing the lid does nothing, it freezes, sounds stop. And it does so seemingly randomly. It also leaves no indication in the Event Logs.

I have tried EVERYTHING (I am not a noob when it comes to computers) and I've attempted to track the issue many times to no avail.

Things I have already tried: 

Spoiler

- SFC /scannow, DISM

- Malware scanning

- Updating graphics drivers

- Updating Intel MEI drivers

- Even updating particular drivers using DriverMax (SMBus, Intel Sound, MEI, Thermal...) one by one

- Flashing different/newer BIOS

- Waiting for Windows Updates and reading whether they have something connected to my issue

- Troubleshooting various events in the Event Log hoping that one of them solves my issue

- Disabling stuff I don't need from booting/services

- Clean booting

- Clean install with no internet connection to begin with and installing only the manufacturer drivers

I thought it must be a driver issue, as I can't imagine it being anything else. I have tried various driver combinations: only Windows update drivers, with/without newest GPU drivers, everything...

The clean install was due to Windows (Anniversary Update) updates screwing up my keyboard drivers, then my touchpad/mouse, which was the last straw, so I clean installed Creators Update and in to start with I thought it was solved, it worked well in the beginning, no freezes for some time, then it hit again... I am at a loss currently, I have no idea what to do next.

Some more info: The infamous touchpad/keyboard drivers installed fine on Creators, ASUS released a newer System Firmware driver via Windows Update and a new BIOS, both nothing changed.

Note:  Besides the drivers, I have ASUS Splendid Utility (display tech) and ICESound installed as I quite like the improvements on sound and picture quality they make along with nullifying eye strain. The screen colors are bad IMO without that program. Both are latest versions and I replaced an ICESound lib to troubleshoot an error in Event Logs. Having or not having them installed seem to not have any effect on the issue as it happened before I installed them (as far as i can remember).

I am ready to post any logs/more info anyone might need to help diagnose and fix this issue and will try to watch this thread closely. Thanks in advance! :)

It sounds weird but have you tried maybe switching the RAM around? or even tried using completely different modules?

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Just now, Icuw1pc said:

It sounds weird but have you tried maybe switching the RAM around? or even tried using completely different modules?

It sound's super weird. Try to install fres windows? After creators update my soundcard was crewing up, after reinstaling windows it worked fine. I don;t think ram change will help

Quote me so I can reply <3

Thanks for the reply!

2 minutes ago, Icuw1pc said:

It's in warranty but it's not sold with Windows, so I don't want to open it (plus I'm away rn anyway)...

Just now, Gawron10001 said:

It sound's super weird. Try to install fres windows? After creators update my soundcard was crewing up, after reinstaling windows it worked fine. I don;t think ram change will help

This Creators update was a clean installation - I already tried that.

• 2 weeks later...