Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 Pro or Hyper 212X (EU ver.) ???

I need a new cooler for my CPU.

Current in my country there are 2 coolers that i like and they are same price. (except Hyper 212 X, it doesnt have free shipping XD)

Those are:

Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 Pro Blue : http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002930

Or :

Cooler Master Hyper 212X (EU ver.) : http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212x-eu/

Both are good coolers, and Riing will fit better with the theme of my PC with its blue LED fan.

I couldn`t find any videos/websites that compare these two coolers so i am asking here.

Thank you all for reading :)

Both look to be a compelling offer and argument for you. I would go with the Thermaltake one then since it fits theme wise with your PC better than the Hyper 212. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

Both look to be a compelling offer and argument for you. I would go with the Thermaltake one then since it fits theme wise with your PC better than the Hyper 212. 

Thank you, i was found some reviews and it looks like it is also a little bit more silent, it isnt a hudge difference (2db-3db) it is still something

1 minute ago, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Thank you, i was found some reviews and it looks like it is also a little bit more silent, it isnt a hudge difference (2db-3db) it is still something

Honestly, you wont be able to hear the difference between 2 and 3db. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

I know xD

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

2 minutes ago, Aleksa Djordjic said:

I know xD

Also it depends on form where to were was the difference

Between 19 and 21 db, you wont be able to hear a difference 

but

Between 120 and 122 ( that would blow you eardrums i think ) you should be able to hear a difference i think if i got i correctly ???

Because we dont recive sound linearly i think ??? 

Just now, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Also it depends on form where to were was the difference

Between 19 and 21 db, you wont be able to hear a difference 

but

Between 120 and 122 ( that would blow you eardrums i think ) you should be able to hear a difference i think if i got i correctly ???

no I dont think so. A lot of the difference in the noise is the blade design and the air flowing through the channels and the frequencies.  Like I have NF-F12s and ED Vardar fans, both great fans, but the Vardar produce a lower noise pattern than the noctua ones do in my opinion. So even though DB is what we hear, it doesnt tell you at what frequency range the noise it at so every fan will be different because of the design of the fan and blades and how the air travels through the fan. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

no I dont think so. A lot of the difference in the noise is the blade design and the air flowing through the channels and the frequencies.  Like I have NF-F12s and ED Vardar fans, both great fans, but the Vardar produce a lower noise pattern than the noctua ones do in my opinion. So even though DB is what we hear, it doesnt tell you at what frequency range the noise it at so every fan will be different because of the design of the fan and blades and how the air travels through the fan. 

ooooooohhhhh, now i get it, but i still need to find out more about this topic.

Can you help me with another thing please ???

Thermaltake says this on their website :    Dimension140L*102W*160H mm

And my case (Radimax Vortex V5 : http://www.raidmax.com/chassis_vortex-v5.html ) can support coolers up to 160mm in height. Does this mean that the cooler will hit my side pannel or will it bi a little bit away because the side panel has a little bump on the side ???

Again : Thank you !!!

No, there should be enough clearance if it says supports up to 160mm. You should be good. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, legacy99 said:

No, there should be enough clearance if it says supports up to 160mm. You should be good. 

Thank you, and i am sorry for bothering you, but will there be any heat transfer issues because heat pipes aren`t made ot of copper ??? Sorry for aking 

2 minutes ago, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Thank you, and i am sorry for bothering you, but will there be any heat transfer issues because heat pipes aren`t made ot of copper ??? Sorry for aking 

Heatpipes are made out of copper from what I am seeing. 

Superior Heat Dissipation
Optimized 0.5mm thickness aluminum fins with 2.7mm air gap, and 5 x Ø6mm solid copper heat-pipes are designed for rapid heat dissipation, allowing maximum heat conductivity. The tower’s side flow design delivers the best cooling performance. In addition, the heat-pipes are in continuous direct contact with the CPU to ensure fast and efficient heat dissipation.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, legacy99 said:

Heatpipes are made out of copper from what I am seeing. 

Superior Heat Dissipation
Optimized 0.5mm thickness aluminum fins with 2.7mm air gap, and 5 x Ø6mm solid copper heat-pipes are designed for rapid heat dissipation, allowing maximum heat conductivity. The tower’s side flow design delivers the best cooling performance. In addition, the heat-pipes are in continuous direct contact with the CPU to ensure fast and efficient heat dissipation.

Oh ... that is embracing ... sorry but on the pictures it looked like silver ... sorry ...

Thank you sooooo mutch :)

Just now, Aleksa Djordjic said:

Oh ... that is embracing ... sorry but on the pictures it looked like silver ... sorry ...

Thank you sooooo mutch :)

Most any heat pipes are usually nickel plated, which gives it that silver/chromatic look and not actual bare, exposed copper. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, legacy99 said:

Most any heat pipes are usually nickel plated, which gives it that silver/chromatic look and not actual bare, exposed copper. 

Wow that is cool, also i dont like the coppery look of the heat pipes so that is amazing !!! Thank you ... again ... xD

The 212x is better. 

The Silent12 is worse than the older 212 LED: https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/dominic-moass/thermaltake-riing-silent-12-pro-cooler-review/5/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The 212x is better. 

The Silent12 is worse than the older 212 LED: https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/dominic-moass/thermaltake-riing-silent-12-pro-cooler-review/5/

It is worse, but look at sound levels, it is almost silent and i would rather chose more silent cooler that a louder cooler that performs 5 degrees better.

I dont need something beefy, i have X4 880k oc to 4.5ghz and on stock cooler it hits 72 degres

And it fits better with my PC and i like that it is huge.