Linus inspired desk

MimigaKing

I just moved apartment and I remade my setup based on linus' though I'm not using thunderbolt. 

Every single cable goes through a whole in the wall into the room next door which will contain my server rack. 

what do you guys think?

Spoiler

gDxV51w.jpg

5 minutes ago, kagarium said:

Nice and clean

All you have to do now to make it true Linus is drop it.

Ha ha thanks. 

I'm well on my way with my blue microphone just balancing on the main monitor on the top left :)

Remove everything from your desk that's unnecessary like the tissues or the glass, then it'd look even better, but so far very nice.. Wish I could do the hole-in-the-wall computer thingy... How do you turn your PC on tho?

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

3 minutes ago, fredih said:

Remove everything from your desk that's unnecessary like the tissues or the glass, then it'd look even better, but so far very nice.. Wish I could do the hole-in-the-wall computer thingy... How do you turn your PC on tho?

Just like linus, I never shut it down. always stays on along with my servers 

O.oO.o What? But it's not a server... or did you use Server components? I don't think you're doing your PC a favor by having it on forever...

26 minutes ago, fredih said:

O.oO.o What? But it's not a server... or did you use Server components? I don't think you're doing your PC a favor by having it on forever...

You do know that computers are meant to run 24/7 right?

All I see in the picture is the tissue box ... haha. I know what you are doing there. :P

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

10 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Nice setup!

thank-you for taking the time to see. 

I don't have much but I'm trying to make the best of it. 

Cheers

Servers are, yes. Computers in general as well, but not Windows. Temporary files pile up, and it becomes slower for reasons in my experience. I don't know why, don't ask me :D ... And it saves you a lot of power if you don't leave your PC on 24/7

57 minutes ago, fredih said:

Servers are, yes. Computers in general as well, but not Windows. Temporary files pile up, and it becomes slower for reasons in my experience. I don't know why, don't ask me :D ... And it saves you a lot of power if you don't leave your PC on 24/7

yeah, a reboot helps every months of two. but I don't pay for electricity so it ain't an issue for me.