Troubleshooting... Blacksite Area 51 physical copy

Go to solution Solved by chuckles09523,

Hi, I realize how it's been 7 months and you've probably either figured it out or returned the game, but I too had this problem and when I went looking I found no answers. So, in case anyone has this problem in the future, what you have to do is put in disc 1, troubleshoot compatibility on the autorun, use the recommended settings, and then do the same for the exe on disc 2. Then put in disc 1 and run the exe. When you put in disc 2, it should continue automatically.

tl;dr

There's 2 DVDs to install the game on my computer. The first one works fine, but the program can't detect when I insert the second disk. How fix?

Long version:

I bought the game Blacksite Area 51 on Amazon (no GFWL, and I like generic FPS games. Had this on PS3.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O5HZTK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried multiple times trying to install it with the disk by inserting the disk into the tray, and it autoruns the "Do you want to install the game" prompt launcher. 

(When old physical games required the disk to install AND play.)

I click install and I can choose custom, or full install. Full install just chooses to install on my C:\ drive, and custom lets me choose where to install the game. 

I tried full install letting it attempt to install to my SSD boot drive. (San disk SSD 120 GB with 58 GB free)

And I tried custom installing to a folder on my "F:\" drive which is a western digital caviar blue 1TB HDD (7200) with 318 GB free. 

When it finishes the first disk a prompt shows up no matter what saying "Locate the location for disk 2." (or something really close to those lines.)

I have tried inserting the second disk, pressing okay; I tried pressing okay without changing disk. I tried swapping disks and waiting.

I'm unsure of anything else I can do. 

The game says on the back:

Minimum system requirements:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

I am using Windows 10 64 bit home. (bestbuy retail boxed copy.)

I tried running the auto.exe on disk 2 with compatibility mode for Windows Vista and still nothing worked out for me.

Any help, or ideas? I asked the amazon seller what I can do, but I don't think they're getting back to me. I don't want to return the game. 

• 7 months later...

Hi, I realize how it's been 7 months and you've probably either figured it out or returned the game, but I too had this problem and when I went looking I found no answers. So, in case anyone has this problem in the future, what you have to do is put in disc 1, troubleshoot compatibility on the autorun, use the recommended settings, and then do the same for the exe on disc 2. Then put in disc 1 and run the exe. When you put in disc 2, it should continue automatically.

22 hours ago, chuckles09523 said:

I'm going to try this now. I didn't think I could return it so it's somewhere in like a drawer or something. 

By now I meant several hours later. 
I finally played the game & boy... it's a lot less fun than I remember. When I had it on PS3 & was like 3 years old, it was way more fun.