Simple question on the new Athlon X4 950

So AMD has released their latest line of APUs, the Bristol Ridge series. This included (maybe in seperate releases, I don't remember) the Athlon x4 950. The only difference between the Athlon x4 950 and the A10-9700 is that the A10 has the R7 iGPU.

But reading online, I was given to understand that because the X4 lacks the iGPU, you MUST have a VGA card of some sort in order to get ANY kind of video output. But my question is this: Whouldn't the CPU just software render the display? It may be crappy, slow response time, absolutely sh*t for even 2D gaming, and it may task the CPU, but couldn't it, technically?

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not asking this question with any intent to buy. I'm just curious about it, from a technical standpoint, not as a customer. I'm not asking for advice on wise spending.

Well, if it was just software rendering the graphics, it would still have to have the logic to output it, so therefore it would need a GPU of some kind still, even if it was integrated. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

You need a physical display driver with the outputs to output the image, yes you can get them but it's kinda pointless and uses a lot of CPU when a cheap graphic cards will do the same thing without the high CPU usage.

Yours faithfully

What is CPU software? There is no such thing. To have any video output you need a GPU of some kind, whether it be an integrated GPU, or a dedicated one.

Sorry, but in order for a PC to even POST you need some sort of video output. 

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."