Ryzen 5 3.7ghz

Been trying to get my Ryzen overclocked with the wraith spire cooler. This is at 1.248V using the Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350 motherboard. Do these temps look fine? One is at idle, and then one is at load after a pass from cinebench. Been using Aida64 for a few hours and its peaking around 76-78c. I have not touched any other settings except my CPU voltage and frequency Suggest anything else if this isnt fine? Been learning overclocking for a few weeks and been trying it over the past few days. Someone told me over on Reddit that my VRM isnt that good, so idek. Suggestions would be awesome. Thanks! 

9f02b31cd5d2bd348cbf65fff35ec50d.png

bbf4bc661045c6ef140f301ef9758c07.png

Temperature is as expected with the Wraith Spire cooler. 

"I'm so glad you're my partner in crime."

"It's the power of best friendship, I know how you roll."

"Chloe, my powers might not last." 

"Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah?" 

"Yes, we'd be tearing up the highway. And you'd probably want me to kiss you again..." 

"I always wanted my life to be special... an adventure... but not without you."

"Because we're back in action again!"

"With great power comes great bullshit."

"Max you are not crazy. You are not dreaming. It’s time to be an everyday hero."

"I wish I could stay in this moment forever. I guess I actually can now, but then it wouldn’t be a moment."

"If that tornado came right now, I would just sit here and watch for a while."

"You're right. We hella deserve this. Splish splash."

"Can we build another pirate fort and keep the world out?"

"When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that."

"Listen, whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't there for you because I will never abandon you Chloe. I'll always have your back. Always."

as long as temps stay ~80c under full load, then you should be good. This should be your target goal when overclocking and testing. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

20 minutes ago, Steeler1994 said:

Been using Aida64 for a few hours and its peaking around 76-78c.

Your temps are within safe levels (below 80c) with the stock cooler.. however, with such a low voltage, one would think they'd be lower. When I used the stock cooler with my Ryzen 5 1600, at 3.8GHz and 1.35v, my temps were in the low 70s with Aida64 stressing CPU/FPU/Cache. It did reach 80c with Prime95, though, so I switched to the Noctua cooler in my signature. With Noctua at same frequency/voltage, I've not seen it above 64c in Prime95.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with your temps. I must take into consideration I use six 140mm case fans with ambient temps around 24c. Perhaps your situation is a bit warmer overall.

When you're using Aida64, what specifically are you stressing? If you can use the System Stability Test stressing CPU/FPU/Cache for several hours, I'd consider that an excellent 3.7GHz overclock for 1.25v. Personally, I'm not satisfied with my overclock until I can leave Aida64 running overnight without it going red-screen on me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

1 minute ago, johndms said:

Your temps are within safe levels (below 80c) with the stock cooler.. however, with such a low voltage, one would think they'd be lower. When I used the stock cooler with my Ryzen 5 1600, at 3.8GHz and 1.35v, my temps were in the low 70s with Aida64 stressing CPU/FPU/Cache. It did reach 80c with Prime95, though, so I switched to the Noctua cooler in my signature. With Noctua at same frequency/voltage, I've not seen it above 64c in Prime95.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with your temps. I must take into consideration I use six 140mm case fans with ambient temps around 24c. Perhaps your situation is a bit warmer overall.

When you're using Aida64, what specifically are you stressing? If you can use the System Stability Test stressing CPU/FPU/Cache for several hours, I'd consider that an excellent 3.7GHz overclock for 1.25v. Personally, I'm not satisfied with my overclock until I can leave Aida64 running overnight without it going red-screen on me.

Using the CPU/Memory/FPU/Cache and its been about 3 ish hours. Bouncing between 75-78c. 

1 minute ago, Steeler1994 said:

Using the CPU/Memory/FPU/Cache and its been about 3 ish hours. Bouncing between 75-78c. 

You have a little bit more room then, not much though. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, legacy99 said:

You have a little bit more room then, not much though. 

Think im pretty satisfied with what i have. 3.8ghz is a pretty big jump voltage wise i heard and not sure if i trust it with the stock cooler. 

Just now, Steeler1994 said:

Think im pretty satisfied with what i have. 3.8ghz is a pretty big jump voltage wise i heard and not sure if i trust it with the stock cooler. 

If you are satisfied with it, then great job and welcome to the Ryzen Overclockers club :) 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

7 hours ago, Steeler1994 said:

Someone told me over on Reddit that my VRM isnt that good, so idek.

It was 99% me xD

You need to stay under 1.35V, especially with the stock woosher.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

UPDATE: So i started this post at 0.012. There's something weird about my voltages. At 0.012, it said 1.248v on every single hardware monitor including ryzen master. I dropped it to 0.00v which is stock, and it still says 1.248v, but ryzen master has it even higher at 1.26v. Temps arent changing much either.

17 minutes ago, Steeler1994 said:

UPDATE: So i started this post at 0.012. There's something weird about my voltages. At 0.012, it said 1.248v on every single hardware monitor including ryzen master. I dropped it to 0.00v which is stock, and it still says 1.248v, but ryzen master has it even higher at 1.26v. Temps arent changing much either.

I'm so confused. This is why I hate the offset method.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

19 minutes ago, johndms said:

I'm so confused. This is why I hate the offset method.

Honestly regret buying this board. I dont understand this at all. Would rather manually putting in the voltages.Ill post some pictures, but i just dont know. 

56fc2ae1cb5df3b3a8083ad798869350.png