Looking for a new case

MusicMayne
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
11 minutes ago, MusicMayne said:

I'm about to pull the trigger on this.  My only concern now is the tempered glass.  Are these windows easy to scratch/break?  I personally like non glass but besides that this case has all the bells and whistles that I need.

Quite the opposite, Tempered glass is hard to scratch! Thats why the newer cases are using them (other than they look sexy AF) Acrylic windows would scratch in a light breeze! I mean if you drop it yeah it will probably shatter, but just treat it right and you'll have no issues. :) 

As title states, preferably a mid tower or smaller that can support Noctua D15 CPU cooler and EVGA 1200w Supernova power suppy.

Current case:  Thermaltake Level 10 GT

-About 5 years old and is still a decent case but couple of the dust filters are starting to show wear.   Moving the case is also a problem - handle doesn't feel sturdy.

And yes the power supply is overkill but got it on a good deal.

Current case I'm looking at is this:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M series

That's a neat case. I'd also recommend the Corsair 460X or 400C. :)

It's worth mentioning the NZXT S340 as I've heard you can't go wrong with it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

@dual290x we got another case buddy! (we both have the same case) The handle feels un sturdy? I've actually never thought that, rather was surprised how solid it felt. It is big though. One of the reasons Dualie here is going to downsize as well.

If you're looking at the Enthoo Pro M, Make sure to look at the TG version. Unless you need the extra HDD bays, the TG version is better for airflow, converts most of the HDD sleds to SSD and positions them better and only costs like $5 USD more than the original.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@Crunchy Dragon Was glancing over your selections and I like em all!  Then I fount the 400q Corsair Carbide quiet.   Is the airflow decent?   Front part obstructs airflow in 400q?

@TVwazhere I like this case - I think its the BMW case?  I'm not certain on that tho.  The reason I got it because it reminded me of Star Wars/ Star Trek :P

Also can you link the TG case?  I can't find it

Also how is the Corsair Carbide 400q quiet edition?  Decent airflow?   

5 minutes ago, MusicMayne said:

I like this case - I think its the BMW case?  I'm not certain on that tho.  The reason I got it because it reminded me of Star Wars/ Star Trek :P

Also can you link the TG case?  I can't find it

Also how is the Corsair Carbide 400q quiet edition?  Decent airflow?   

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042&cm_re=pro_m-_-11-854-042-_-Product

The 400Q is decent. The case came out right before the super TG craze of 2016, which spawned the 460x (the 400C and Q share the seam internals, and the 460x is a derivative from those)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 minutes ago, MusicMayne said:

@TVwazhere As of now it comes down to 460x and the Phanteks TG Pro M

Which one has the better airflow?  

Pro M TG. It might not look it, but that lower 2/3rds of the case is open mesh. That's not to say the 460X has terrible airflow though. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Pro M TG. It might not look it, but that lower 2/3rds of the case is open mesh. That's not to say the 460X has terrible airflow though. 

I'm about to pull the trigger on this.  My only concern now is the tempered glass.  Are these windows easy to scratch/break?  I personally like non glass but besides that this case has all the bells and whistles that I need.

Quite the opposite, Tempered glass is hard to scratch! Thats why the newer cases are using them (other than they look sexy AF) Acrylic windows would scratch in a light breeze! I mean if you drop it yeah it will probably shatter, but just treat it right and you'll have no issues. :) 

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

@dual290x we got another case buddy! (we both have the same case) The handle feels un sturdy? I've actually never thought that, rather was surprised how solid it felt. It is big though. One of the reasons Dualie here is going to downsize as well.

Wow, kinda funny.

Dude, I am having such a hard time saying good bye to mine. I am glad to see this guy isn't. I keep finding reason for keeping the big gal. Yeah, she is fat and takes up space... but she is pretty (to me), not very sassy, dolled up the way I like it, and faithful. D@mn it!

Edited by dual290x
My grammer was terrible.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

52 minutes ago, dual290x said:

Wow, kinda funny.

Dude, I am having such a hard time saying good bye to mine. I am glad to see this guy isn't. I keep finding reason for keeping the big gal. Yeah she fat and takes up space... but she pretty (to me), not very sassy, dolled up the way I like it, and faithful. D@mn it!

Don't get me wrong - its a nice case!

Maybe in the future could modify the case some - take out the cage and make it more open /upgrade the 200mm fans to Noctua.

Overall - still one of the coolest Star Wars / Star Trek cases!

Don't get me wrong - its a nice case!

Maybe in the future could modify the case some - take out the cage and make it more open /upgrade the 200mm fans to Noctua.

Overall - still one of the coolest Star Wars / Star Trek cases!

Some crude pictures that I made in a hurry for a post. I thought you'd like to see. Oh it is a nice case, I love it. I would have loved it even more if my Z97s Krait Edition MB hadn't of died... but you can't win them all. I already put CoolerMaster 200mm fans in... hate them but that was before Noctua came out with 200mm fans.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

33 minutes ago, rqb2001 said:

--

Do you like the standard 140mm fans that came with it?  Decent quality or get Noctua 140mm?

I haven't did my build yet. I'm installing a gigabyte ga-x99 gaming G1 board with a i7 5820k cpu. and a msi gtx980 graphic card