CHECK VIDEO CABLE

DriZyo
Go to solution Solved by MrDrWho13,
2 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

btw im confuses what video cable is it. Vga is blue cable i think and dvi is white right? 

Yes but this problem suggests the cable is not plugged in correctly. Try unplugging both ends, taking the cable out to make sure it's the same one, and then plugging it back in again.

Hello, i got problem.. i already buy new psu for pc because i got pc autoshutdown problem. i already put vga cable and dvi cable together. Right now, when i turn on it appear check video cable. How do i fix this?

And those cables in the same ports have worked before you changed the PSU?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

Hello, i got problem.. i already buy new psu for pc because i got pc autoshutdown problem. i already put vga cable and dvi cable together. Right now, when i turn on it appear check video cable. How do i fix this?

Have you checked the video cable? What do you mean vga and dvi?

I edit my posts a lot.

16 minutes ago, Minibois said:

And those cables in the same ports have worked before you changed the PSU?

Yeah it work propely with my other pc.

17 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Have you checked the video cable? What do you mean vga and dvi?

btw im confuses what video cable is it. Vga is blue cable i think and dvi is white right? 

2 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

Yes but this problem suggests the cable is not plugged in correctly. Try unplugging both ends, taking the cable out to make sure it's the same one, and then plugging it back in again.

I edit my posts a lot.

1 minute ago, DriZyo said:

Of course they can make any cable in any color.. generally yes. DVI is a wider connector than VGA.

What source are you plugging the DVI in? For most of those adapter's you will need a DVI-I connector, which today are not common anymore. You can recognize this by looking at the DVI connector and on one side you have a bunch of pins, on the other side a minus sign. If it is DVI I it has four pins around the minus and if it has not (and thus likely incompatible with your adapter) it won't work.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Of course they can make any cable in any color.. generally yes. DVI is a wider connector than VGA.

What source are you plugging the DVI in? For most of those adapter's you will need a DVI-I connector, which today are not common anymore. You can recognize this by looking at the DVI connector and on one side you have a bunch of pins, on the other side a minus sign. If it is DVI I it has four pins around the minus and if it has not (and thus likely incompatible with your adapter) it won't work.

i think my dvi cable is old version just put with vga cable and connect to gpu.. In shop are already sold vga tu dvi(not adapter) ?

19 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

right now i got two of dvi cable.. the vga cable may work good cause the other pc work propely. i think the problem is from my gpu.. My dvi adapter i bought yesterday.

Just now, DriZyo said:

right now i got two of dvi cable.. the vga cable may work good cause the other pc work propely. i think the problem is from my gpu.. My dvi adapter i bought yesterday.

As @Minibois said, your GPU needs a DVI-I port to work with an adapter (unless you have an active one). What GPU do you have?

I edit my posts a lot.

22 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

As @Minibois said, your GPU needs a DVI-I port to work with an adapter (unless you have an active one). What GPU do you have?

I got Powercolor r7 370 2gb ddr5

I got Powercolor r7 370 2gb ddr5

If you want to use the adapter, you probably need to use the bottom port

hagbut2.png

I edit my posts a lot.

16 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

If you want to use the adapter, you probably need to use the bottom port

hagbut2.png

I already put on this bottom port. Im so tired.. i already bought 4 adapter.. and tight pin correctly. I think my gpu was problem..

Just now, DriZyo said:

I already put on this bottom port. Im so tired.. i already bought 4 adapter.. and tight pin correctly. I think my gpu was problem..

Ok well you can send it back to the place from where you bought it under warranty.

I edit my posts a lot.