Messed up my included AV software..

Datenshi

Hi,

I'm building a computer using the ASUS Hero maximus 8 mobo. This includes a free one year Kaspersky license. I installed windows 10 and couldn't activate my windows key. I thought i'd solve that later and keep on installing drivers and other programs, including this free license.

Afterwards i noticed i had installed the wrong version of Windows, after upgrading from home to pro (and activating windows correctly now) the windows folder was renamed to windows.old. Now the Kaspersky program ofcourse won't install anymore on the new Pro installation ... Anyone had this before and has any suggestions on how i can still recover this free license?

Thanks.

EDIT; I included screenshots of both errors i get.

I used their free virus removal tools as they suggest, but obviously the system is virus free since it's brand new.

ss2.PNG

ss1.PNG

you should be able to download a fresh copy and use your license with that..

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

6 minutes ago, Changis said:

you should be able to download a fresh copy and use your license with that..

Thing is, it's a setup included on the DVD for mobo drivers; I have no idea what license number this thing has. So downloading a new version will require me to imput a license key...

5 minutes ago, Zonther said:

Just to let you know this AV is banned by US government agency's. So use it at your own risk.

Thats only cause its a Russian company. Considering they're one of the most trusted AVs in the world AND are always being extensively tested by others i'd say its worth it.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

This is true and they have proved it in the past but I like to keep my tin foil hat on just in case. Russia did and are still trying to sway peoples votes through social media. Also I don't know how much control Russia has over Kaspersky but it was enough to scare the US government.

1 minute ago, Zonther said:

This is true and they have proved it in the past but I like to keep my tin foil hat on just in case. Russia did and are still trying to sway peoples votes through social media. Also I don't know how much control Russia has over Kaspersky but it was enough to scare the US government.

Guys can we please stay on topic, this is more political than anything else & not really useful in this case.

I would contact both Asus and Kas and tell them what happened.

Hopefully they will give you a new key. Apart from that I'm not sure how to recover the key apart from maybe restoring the old version of Windows then finding it that way. Even then it most likely is a one time activation key, so even if you did find it then it would most likely be useless as the server would just reject it.

It's not a race to the bottom.

1 minute ago, 0x1e said:

I would contact both Asus and Kas and tell them what happened.

Hopefully they will give you a new key. Apart from that I'm not sure how to recover the key apart from maybe restoring the old version of Windows then finding it that way. Even then it most likely is a one time activation key, so even if you did find it then it would most likely be useless as the server would just reject it.

Thank you, yeah i figured as much. I posted on the kaspersky forums in the hope to find an employee. I'm sure they can check something when i give order details and mobo serial number...

Suggestion from ASUS was to use ccleaner or reinstall windows. I have used ccleaner about 5 times already since then so that's no good. DO you think the repair windows option would work? Because i'm not reinstalling windows AGAIN...

Don't bother since I tried installing their free anti virus and kept on getting the same errors and that was on a fresh windows 10 pro installation.