Looking for some kinda nice building game - suggestions?

x Princess Leliana x

I'm looking for a sandboxy building game that I can spend days/weeks in, making pretty things and just having fun. Ideally, what I want, is viva pinata trouble in paradise, but thats on console, the the limitations (on animals, garden size, etc) are so pathetic that the game is unplayable. The second Thing i want is a more modern zoo tycoon, but that doesn't exist, so I'm out of luck, I'd love sims 3, but it runs like garbage and don't have £200 to spend on all the expansions you need. So I'm open to suggestions for games (on steam) where I can have fun building stuff. I have cities skylines, minecraft, terraria, starbound, stardew, etc etc, so try and exclude those. Thanks everyone.

EDIT: alternative suggestions are open for city builders with less of a focus on management (ergo cities skylines - i hate you traffic) and more focus on making it beautiful (more decorations for example too), anything like that is also helpful.

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

why dont u just build ur own game using RPGMAKER :v

Because that's not what I'm looking to do.

3 minutes ago, fordaov3rlord said:

Because that's not what I'm looking to do.

I'm looking for a sandboxy building game that I can spend days/weeks in, making pretty things and just having fun 

is kinda wht rpgmaker is about tho :o

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

I'm looking for a sandboxy building game that I can spend days/weeks in, making pretty things and just having fun 

is kinda wht rpgmaker is about tho :o

I gave examples of the games im interested in to steer you in the right direction, sorry if i wasnt clear.

You can look at Rimworld or Banished. there is still some management needed to keep the people happy, like food, heating/cooling entertainment etc. Rimworld has a lot of mods and difficultly settings if you just want to focus on the building aspect

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

You can look at Rimworld or Banished. there is still some management needed to keep the people happy, like food, heating/cooling entertainment etc. Rimworld has a lot of mods and difficultly settings if you just want to focus on the building aspect

Rimworld looked wayyyyy too complex and stressful for me tbh. Also have banished, thank you for the suggestions though!

Civilization 5 GOTY?

Castle miner 

castle miner Z

total war?

dawn of war and Starcraft destroy your bases so idk about those...

planet base

space engineers

7 days to die

state of decay has SOME base building 

rust

dayz

every other similar clone

conan exiles 

Roblox is a game where you make games. (And sorta money if your game is good) 

6 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Planet coaster seems like it would be up your alley

Bit too expensive for me at the moment, but it was definitely one in my sights, yeah. 

7 hours ago, fpo said:

Civilization 5 GOTY?

Castle miner 

castle miner Z

total war?

dawn of war and Starcraft destroy your bases so idk about those...

planet base

space engineers

7 days to die

state of decay has SOME base building 

rust

dayz

every other similar clone

conan exiles 

Roblox is a game where you make games. (And sorta money if your game is good) 

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have civ v, and am not interested in an rts style game, so out goes starcraft and total war, I'm also not really looking fora minecraft type game, so out goes castle miner, space engineers, 7 days, etc. Rust is also out of the running due to lack of variety, I want more than just a generic base, couldn't find planet base anywhere, so can't look into it. Thank you so much though!

50 minutes ago, fordaov3rlord said:

Bit too expensive for me at the moment, but it was definitely one in my sights, yeah. 

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have civ v, and am not interested in an rts style game, so out goes starcraft and total war, I'm also not really looking fora minecraft type game, so out goes castle miner, space engineers, 7 days, etc. Rust is also out of the running due to lack of variety, I want more than just a generic base, couldn't find planet base anywhere, so can't look into it. Thank you so much though!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/403190/Planetbase/

i personally didnt like planwtbase but for a space colonization sim city like game it might be fun for you. 

Hard to please much?

few more suggestions of simulation/building games I've spent way to many hours in.

Anno series

Astroneer

Fallout 4 (building settlements)

From the Depths

Prison Architect

Starbound

Terraria

Stronghold

Tropico series

Chances are if it hasn't been listed yet its not worth playing.

Oh and factorio But its probably too complex for you....

10 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

SimCity 4? You can still get it on Steam to my knowledge.

boycotting ea, so no, haha

3 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Hard to please much?

few more suggestions of simulation/building games I've spent way to many hours in.

Anno series

Astroneer

Fallout 4 (building settlements)

From the Depths

Prison Architect

Starbound

Terraria

Stronghold

Tropico series

Chances are if it hasn't been listed yet its not worth playing.

Playing anno 2070 currently, fallout 4 is garbage, from the depths ive got 200 hours in, prison architect doesnt have enough "beauty" for me, starbound terraria ive both played to death, stronghold I looked into, but its too RTS (short "matches") for me, tropico I just did today funnily enough. As for factorio, its not at all what im looking for, I *want* to play it, id get so many hours, but its just too complex and requires more dedication and learning than my casual brain wants.

conan exiles?

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

I can recommend:

Anno 2070,1404

Banished

Northgard

Medieval, Space engineers

Simcity (I like it more than CS)

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2017 at 5:11 PM, fordaov3rlord said:

I'm looking for a sandboxy building game that I can spend days/weeks in, making pretty things and just having fun. Ideally, what I want, is viva pinata trouble in paradise, but thats on console, the the limitations (on animals, garden size, etc) are so pathetic that the game is unplayable. The second Thing i want is a more modern zoo tycoon, but that doesn't exist, so I'm out of luck, I'd love sims 3, but it runs like garbage and don't have £200 to spend on all the expansions you need. So I'm open to suggestions for games (on steam) where I can have fun building stuff. I have cities skylines, minecraft, terraria, starbound, stardew, etc etc, so try and exclude those. Thanks everyone.

EDIT: alternative suggestions are open for city builders with less of a focus on management (ergo cities skylines - i hate you traffic) and more focus on making it beautiful (more decorations for example too), anything like that is also helpful.

Minecraft??????????????????? sorry I had too

On 25.09.2017 at 3:11 AM, fordaov3rlord said:

What about Cities Skyline?

Reus. Main modes are timed and you unlock longer times with achievemtns. But has also unlimited.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv