PC randomly shuts down

Hello there,

As of today I’ve been having a problem with my pc. It randomly shuts down while gaming, and when it does I can’t turn it back on, until I plug out the power and plug it in again, then I can turn it on again. This makes me think that it’s a problem with the power supply.

It’s weird though cause I’ve never had any problems with it so I’m really confused.

specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 (overclocked to 3.7ghz with a 1.25 voltage) maybe this could be the problem?

GTX 1080 FTW evga

MSI gaming x370 pro carbon mobo

16GB Corsair vengeance

1TB HDD, 250 GB SSD Samsung evo

650W Be quiet pure power

i just hope that I won’t have to RMA any parts cause it’s a struggle. Do you guys have any idea what it could be? It’s just odd cause it always has worked perfectly fine. temperatures seem fine so I don’t think it’s overheating

thanks in regards!

5 minutes ago, gustaaf98 said:

Hello there,

As of today I’ve been having a problem with my pc. It randomly shuts down while gaming, and when it does I can’t turn it back on, until I plug out the power and plug it in again, then I can turn it on again. This makes me think that it’s a problem with the power supply.

It’s weird though cause I’ve never had any problems with it so I’m really confused.

specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 (overclocked to 3.7ghz with a 1.25 voltage) maybe this could be the problem?

GTX 1080 FTW evga

16GB Corsair vengeance

650W Be quiet pure power

i just hope that I won’t have to RMA any parts cause it’s a struggle. Do you guys have any idea what it could be? It’s just odd cause it always has worked perfectly fine. temperatures seem fine so I don’t think it’s overheating

thanks in regards!

Your powersupply is dying, I suggest replacing it.
When the PC is randomly shitting off with no blue screen or anything it's the power supply.

7 minutes ago, gustaaf98 said:

Hello there,

specs:

GTX 1080 FTW evga

16GB Corsair vengeance

650W Be quiet pure power

thanks in regards!

Try to clean ur PSU from dust, replace thermal compund on CPU if doesnt work then try to pull overclock and if that doesnt work then RMA psu.

13 minutes ago, gustaaf98 said:

Hello there,

specs:

GTX 1080 FTW evga

16GB Corsair vengeance

650W Be quiet pure power

thanks in regards!

even if ur pc has proper temps, ram instability can cause random shutdowns aswell. run memtest89 for atleast 12hours stable and prime95 ( CUSTOM ) and set the ram to fill ur whole ram kit ( if u have 14gb free, set it to use 14gb for example )

if the psu would be dieing it most likely wouldnt turn back on again, probably just ram issue

ps: the bootcycle is probably because after the crash its trying to set the proper cas latency for ur ramkit

(◑‿◐)

Sounds like power supply to me.  Although my current pc shuts down on me randomly while gaming and ive switched power supplies from the Corsair rm750i to the EVGA 650 G2 and still have the problem.  

4 minutes ago, Aurora906 said:

Sounds like power supply to me.  Although my current pc shuts down on me randomly while gaming and ive switched power supplies from the Corsair rm750i to the EVGA 650 G2 and still have the problem.  

it doesnt sound like a powersupply issue at all to me, hence why ur problem didnt solve even while switching powersupply :v most likely just ram cas latencies set wrong, or uncompatible but bootable with the current mobo

(◑‿◐)

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

even if ur pc has proper temps, ram instability can cause random shutdowns aswell. run memtest89 for atleast 12hours stable and prime95 ( CUSTOM ) and set the ram to fill ur whole ram kit ( if u have 14gb free, set it to use 14gb for example )

if the psu would be dieing it most likely wouldnt turn back on again, probably just ram issue

ps: the bootcycle is probably because after the crash its trying to set the proper cas latency for ur ramkit

But it doesn’t turn on again though until I plug out the power and hit the switch on the power supply off and on again :/ After that it boots perfectly. The entire system is only 2 months old yet

1 minute ago, gustaaf98 said:

But it doesn’t turn on again though until I plug out the power and hit the switch on the power supply off and on again :/ After that it boots perfectly. The entire system is only 2 months old yet

yeah, that is what it does with ram timings, even need to do it on my maximus vi hero ( eventhough it has a memok feature ) ... thats just how it goes x), booting perfectly doesnt mean ram stable aswell

(◑‿◐)

6 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yeah, that is what it does with ram timings, even need to do it on my maximus vi hero ( eventhough it has a memok feature ) ... thats just how it goes x), booting perfectly doesnt mean ram stable aswell

It could be that indeed, I know Ryzen 7 has quite some memory problems at times, can’t get my ram to the 3ghz (only runs at 2200) it’s advertised at. After doing some research on that it turns out it’s very common with Ryzen 7 users. Seems like there’s a recent bios update that improves memory compatibility. Should I give that one a shot? Could it fix the problem?

38 minutes ago, gustaaf98 said:

It could be that indeed, I know Ryzen 7 has quite some memory problems at times, can’t get my ram to the 3ghz (only runs at 2200) it’s advertised at. After doing some research on that it turns out it’s very common with Ryzen 7 users. Seems like there’s a recent bios update that improves memory compatibility. Should I give that one a shot? Could it fix the problem?

i dunno if u set ur cas latencies to their spd rate, but do that first and check if their compatibl with ur motherboard ( MEMORY QVL LIST ) in the manual

i doubt a bios update would help but in some cases it will

(◑‿◐)