New Gaming/Streaming Rig?

Coolinee_Kerman

Thermal paste with no after market cooler???? get a non modular psu and a cheaper motherboard, and then invest all that in the best gpu you can or a decent after market cooler (Hyper 212 evo)

Damn, the B350 Strix went up om price. Get the B350 Gaming Pro Carbon for $94, then. 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 is available for less, and isn't as ugly. 

You can get the CX550M for $37.

:)

2 hours ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Thermal paste with no after market cooler???? get a non modular psu and a cheaper motherboard, and then invest all that in the best gpu you can or a decent after market cooler (Hyper 212 evo)

Why do I need one

43 minutes ago, Coolinee_Kerman said:

1060 is better

...no the gtx 980ti is better than a gtx 1060, the 980ti trades blow with the gtx 1070, overclocked it can be good as a stock gtx 1080. 

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

...no the gtx 980ti is better than a gtx 1060, the 980ti trades blow with the gtx 1070, overclocked it can be good as a stock gtx 1080. 

980TIs have less Price-Per-preformance, especially new, if I wanted that performance i'd get a 1070

11 hours ago, Coolinee_Kerman said:

980TIs have less Price-Per-preformance, especially new, if I wanted that performance i'd get a 1070

???????? i'm not sure where your getting these numbers from but they are utterly incorrect 

15 hours ago, Coolinee_Kerman said:

Why do I need one

noise + better temps which means higher boost clock, but if don't want an aftermarket cooler why are you wasting money on thermal paste?

23 hours ago, seon123 said:

Damn, the B350 Strix went up om price. Get the B350 Gaming Pro Carbon for $94, then. 

You can get the CX550M for $37.

The MSI seems to be worst at overclocking on the B350's.

Get the B350 Fatal1ty if you find one.

Just now, lukart said:

The MSI seems to be worst at overclocking on the B350's.

Get the B350 Fatal1ty if you find one.

MSI has 3 VRM designs on their B350 Boards, this is the highest end. Afaik, all the B350 boards have 3-4 phases on Vcore, and this one has the highest current capability. The B350 Fatality looks like it has Asrock's 3 phase design, so worse voltage stability than the Carbon. For $94, it's very decent

6 hours ago, Coolinee_Kerman said:

GPUboss has 0 credibility. However, they at least say that the 980 Ti is more powerful. 

And here's some benchmarks by Gamersnexus

Spoiler

rx580-bench-mass-effect-1440p.pngrx580-bench-grw-1440p.pngrx580-bench-doom-1440p.png

The 980 Ti is better value. Higher performance, and lower cost, as it's used. 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2882-msi-rx-580-gaming-x-review-vs-gtx-1060/page-5

@8-Bit BenIt's you're, for both of them. Why is there a problem f I don't want to browse for hours to try and find a used 980ti, I said my budget is 1000 dollars, It's not wasting anything, the 1060 is more futureproof, I've posted this 3 times, only once did anyone provide useful information

32 minutes ago, Coolinee_Kerman said:

@8-Bit BenIt's you're, for both of them. Why is there a problem f I don't want to browse for hours to try and find a used 980ti, I said my budget is 1000 dollars, It's not wasting anything, the 1060 is more futureproof, I've posted this 3 times, only once did anyone provide useful information

"MSI has 3 VRM designs on their B350 Boards, this is the highest end. Afaik, all the B350 boards have 3-4 phases on Vcore, and this one has the highest current capability. The B350 Fatality looks like it has Asrock's 3 phase design, so worse voltage stability than the Carbon. For $94, it's very decent"

"Damn, the B350 Strix went up om price. Get the B350 Gaming Pro Carbon for $94, then. 

You can get the CX550M for $37."

"Thermal paste with no after market cooler???? get a non modular psu and a cheaper motherboard, and then invest all that in the best gpu you can or a decent after market cooler (Hyper 212 evo)"

and your response "Whatever, This information is not helping me"

Edited by W-L
Moderation Content