hardware reserved memory

jol159
Go to solution Solved by ApolloX75,
15 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

Don't worry. That's normal. Its like that on every single computer.

I'm sorry but that is so wrong.

15 hours ago, jol159 said:

I have 8gb of ram in my pc. But only 3.9gb is available, the rest is "hardware reserved". Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

(My computer has windows 10 64 bit installed on it by the way)

You either have a bad stick of RAM, your ram in the wrong slots or ram that is not compatible with your motherboard (it happens, a QVL list exists for a reason).

Try swapping the sticks around or running one stick at a time and run memtest86 to verify they are good.

I have 8gb of ram in my pc. But only 3.9gb is available, the rest is "hardware reserved". Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

28 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

Does this mean I can play games that require 8gb of ram?

14 hours ago, jol159 said:

Does this mean I can play games that require 8gb of ram?

Yes. For sure.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

My build:

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

15 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

15 hours ago, jol159 said:

Thanks in advance!

You either have a bad stick of RAM, your ram in the wrong slots or ram that is not compatible with your motherboard (it happens, a QVL list exists for a reason).

Try swapping the sticks around or running one stick at a time and run memtest86 to verify they are good.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

8 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

What do you mean "That's so wrong". It's like that on every single laptop/desktop I've ever owned. It probably only a few KBs, but Task manager will only display in 0.1 GB increments.

also,

My build:

8 hours ago, ApolloX75 said:

OHH CRAAAP. SORRY! Just re-read the post. He said 3.9/8GB. I thought it said 7.9/8GB. Sorry. Now I feel like a big A**HOLE. My mistake. Sorry.

also,

My build:

4 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

OHH CRAAAP. SORRY! Just re-read the post. He said 3.9/8GB. I thought it said 7.9/8GB. Sorry. Now I feel like a big A**HOLE. My mistake. Sorry.

No worries, it happens. I speed read some of the posts and miss stuff like that too.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.