Mobile Version of LTT Forum/Floatplane Does not Work

Calico Morgan

Hey guys,

I recently signed up for the forum and subbed to Floatplane Club, but haven't been able to use the mobile site at all. The content is great on PC, but I watch a lot of YouTube on mobile and really want to watch Floatplane Club content on mobile as well..!

The issue I'm having is that I cannot seem to "click" anything. When I tap on screen links, tabs, menu icons, etc, it'll highlight blue, but nothing else happens. I can't explore past the home page. I got to a Floatplane Club video once by just typing in the URL, but then I couldn't play the video. Touching the video on screen didn't do anything. 

I'm using the HTC One M8 with Android 6.0 and the default Android browser. Not too sure what other technical info I could get for you.

I looked through many forum posts and couldn't find anything about this specifically, but I hope I didn't miss a post and am just spamming here. 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Have you tried other browsers in an attempt to repeat the issue?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This was reported somewhere else, but as far as I could tell, the stock Android browser in that case was very out of date and for some reason not getting updates. Is Android WebView installed on your device from the Play store, and up to date (if it's not installed, installing it won't fix it)?

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Have you tried other browsers in an attempt to repeat the issue?

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

This was reported somewhere else, but as far as I could tell, the stock Android browser in that case was very out of date and for some reason not getting updates. Is Android WebView installed on your device from the Play store, and up to date (if it's not installed, installing it won't fix it)?

I installed the Chrome app and tried it. Everything works on that. I don't mind using it to access the LTT forum so that works for me. Shoulda thought of that earlier, I apologize for that :S
Thanks though for the quick responses I really appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Calico Morgan said:

I installed the Chrome app and tried it. Everything works on that. I don't mind using it to access the LTT forum so that works for me. Shoulda thought of that earlier, I apologize for that :S
Thanks though for the quick responses I really appreciate it!

Do you have any updates available for your phone at the moment?

I actually did try to repeat the issue on my phone(same model and OS version) with the default browser, and I even used the original version of WebView that was on my phone before, and I was still able to navigate the site.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Do you have any updates available for your phone at the moment?

I actually did try to repeat the issue on my phone(same model and OS version) with the default browser, and I even used the original version of WebView that was on my phone before, and I was still able to navigate the site.

Just checked- software is up to date.

1 minute ago, Calico Morgan said:

Just checked- software is up to date.

Including Google Play?

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Including Google Play?

Google Play yes, but I just found that Android System WebView isn't up to date. Phone doesn't have enough storage to update lol I'll clear some WAN shows out and try that. 

7 minutes ago, Calico Morgan said:

Google Play yes, but I just found that Android System WebView isn't up to date. Phone doesn't have enough storage to update lol I'll clear some WAN shows out and try that. 

Didn't make a difference.