Custom PC Freezes and Requires Manual Reboot *HELP?*

Alright so i made a thread about this long ago, it got help but it didnt resolve the issues ive been receiving. This has been happening for atleast 2 years since it was born and its just very frustrating, now i plan to upgrade to a better and different build this year. But who is gonna buy something broken, right? My issue is, this PC freezes up, requires full reboot, and it appears to be occurring under PUBG or Game Capture HD software load. It use to happen somewhat often before randomly, but lately its been only under PUBG or Game Capture HD software load. Both use GPU and RAM, one more then the other im sure. But i dont know what the actual culprit is. So, if you have any thoughts or fixes for this id really appreciate it, i dont have other components at this time to swap and test. (NOTE: Ive tried 4 different operating systems, its hardware related im sure)

Build:
Motherboard:  EVGA 152-HW-E878-KR LGA 1150 Intel Z87 Classified
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz
GPU:  EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB - Havent experienced issues under stress testing other then temps getting up there when the fans are at auto default
PSU:  Viotek Standard ATX 140MM Fan 850W Modular - PSU never cuts out, but actually lately my headset being plugged in to charge will shut down the whole system o.O (PSU dying?)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz (Serial:  CMZ16GX3M2A2133C10) - Thought this originally to be the issue since it wasnt under their supported list, but thats due to not being tested vigorously 
SSD:  Crucial M4 256GB SSD [Factory Recertified] - Cleared of Being Issue
HDD: WL 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0GB/s 3.5" (Serial: WOL240293221) - Cleared of Being Issue

I think and know the PSU is dying, so ill most likely be replacing that as its time i think. But, when the system does freeze the build still has power, never flickered, nor went out unless i shut it down manually to reboot it.

14 minutes ago, UnboundGodz said:

Alright so i made a thread about this long ago, it got help but it didnt resolve the issues ive been receiving. This has been happening for atleast 2 years since it was born and its just very frustrating, now i plan to upgrade to a better and different build this year. But who is gonna buy something broken, right? My issue is, this PC freezes up, requires full reboot, and it appears to be occurring under PUBG or Game Capture HD software load. It use to happen somewhat often before randomly, but lately its been only under PUBG or Game Capture HD software load. Both use GPU and RAM, one more then the other im sure. But i dont know what the actual culprit is. So, if you have any thoughts or fixes for this id really appreciate it, i dont have other components at this time to swap and test. (NOTE: Ive tried 4 different operating systems, its hardware related im sure)

Build:
Motherboard:  EVGA 152-HW-E878-KR LGA 1150 Intel Z87 Classified
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz
GPU:  EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB - Havent experienced issues under stress testing other then temps getting up there when the fans are at auto default
PSU:  Viotek Standard ATX 140MM Fan 850W Modular - PSU never cuts out, but actually lately my headset being plugged in to charge will shut down the whole system o.O (PSU dying?)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 2133MHz (Serial:  CMZ16GX3M2A2133C10) - Thought this originally to be the issue since it wasnt under their supported list, but thats due to not being tested vigorously 
SSD:  Crucial M4 256GB SSD [Factory Recertified] - Cleared of Being Issue
HDD: WL 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0GB/s 3.5" (Serial: WOL240293221) - Cleared of Being Issue

I think and know the PSU is dying, so ill most likely be replacing that as its time i think. But, when the system does freeze the build still has power, never flickered, nor went out unless i shut it down manually to reboot it.

Sounds like a faulty RAM stick.
How long does it take before it freezes?

Try playing with each of your RAM sticks on it's own. If it still happens with both of them then let me know.

6 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

Sounds like a faulty RAM stick.
How long does it take before it freezes?

Try playing with each of your RAM sticks on it's own. If it still happens with both of them then let me know.

It occurs randomly, i can get 10mins in, or i can get 2hrs in. Ive done multiple diagnostic tests on them, they came back clear which is strange if they were the issue. I would test them during PUBG, but PUBG requires 16GB to basically run. ;0

1 minute ago, UnboundGodz said:

It occurs randomly, i can get 10mins in, or i can get 2hrs in. Ive done multiple diagnostic tests on them, they came back clear which is strange if they were the issue. I would test them during PUBG, but PUBG requires 16GB to basically run. ;0

Ah, well why not test with game capture?

4 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

I've got some time ill do some testing right now, again its all random but well see.

My friend suggests 8GB RAM is fine for just PUBG so ill give that ago, since its the most commonly frozen on. Ill also perhaps try Game Capture HD.

You might have faulty DIMM slots on your motherboard, that could always be the culprit. Though the only way to test that is to swap out the motherboard. 

On 9/19/2017 at 3:07 PM, scighera2 said:

I've gone and tested the RAM, stick 1 freezes within an hour, stick 2 wouldnt allow the game to load textures without almost crashing, didnt freeze i literally couldnt test it. (Tested both sticks in same DIM, typically i use DIM 2, and DIM 4. I tested them in DIM 1, i would go and test them 1 by 1 in DIM, 1, 2, 3, 4. But that will just be a pain trying to do so for this specific game to basically force a freeze. Tested at Very Low settings.

23 hours ago, Shay Punter said:

You might have faulty DIMM slots on your motherboard, that could always be the culprit. Though the only way to test that is to swap out the motherboard. 

I went out and got a z97 ASRock Fatal1ty Killer MOBO, sadly i now need to install a new OS for this due to hardware change. Will notify of results soon.

UPDATE: Its been a day without freeze, with NEW motherboard. So far so good, sadly my CPU temps are shit pushing 90c with stock cooler. Before it would only push 60-70c. So, will have to go about replacing that haha. Then will probably sell this machine, or throw in an overkill GPU xD