Is CSGO worth playing any more for anyone attempting to climb MM?

Potato*Salad

I'm not a serious player at all, i don't want to end up doing LAN events or competing for money, but i always enjoyed the idea of going from noob to somewhere up at the top of the MM ranks.

But now i hit LEM then Supreme, and have lost both ranks back down to LE in a short amount of time because i faced nothing but cheaters on the enemy and my own team, is it even worth it any more?

CanTauSces: x5675 4.57ghz ~ 24GB 2133mhz CL10 Corsair Platinum ~ MSI X58 BIG BANG ~ AMD RADEON R9 Fury Nitro 1155mhz ~ 2x Velociraptor 1TB RAID 0 ~ 960GB x3 Crucial SSD ~ Creative SB Audigy FX ~ Corsair RM series 850 watts ~ Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440.

2 hours ago, Potato*Salad said:

I'm not a serious player at all, i don't want to end up doing LAN events or competing for money, but i always enjoyed the idea of going from noob to somewhere up at the top of the MM ranks.

But now i hit LEM then Supreme, and have lost both ranks back down to LE in a short amount of time because i faced nothing but cheaters on the enemy and my own team, is it even worth it any more?

cs:go is semi dead in my opinion..

4 minutes ago, Potato*Salad said:

I mean, there will always be cheaters (I know MM has a lot). You could always try ESEA.

Just now, Versti said:

cs:go is semi dead in my opinion..

It's not dead at all. It's still the most watched FPS.

2 hours ago, scighera2 said:

It's not dead at all. It's still the most watched FPS.

true, but its getting kinda old in my opinion

Just now, Versti said:

true, but its getting kinda old in my opinion

Old doesn't mean dead. Look at Titan Fall 2, year old game with only 2000 players. That's dead.

No honestly no. Valve are a million dollar business and gaben is one of the richest people out there and yet the game is in such a state.

No new meaningful content

Servers are only 64t

the anticheat is actually awful.. you can litterally pay £3 and get undetected wallhacks for months.

Their only main focus is on skins.

Look i loved csgo it was my favourite game hell ive had well over 1000 hours. but it just got to a point when they treat their community like they dont care. like they could easily afford an external anticheat or design one themselves but they dont. they wont upgrade the servers, and they just throw guns into the game and unbalance the hell out of it for days. like they make absolutely minimal effort

i would honestly recomend siege. its a really good alternative!

I'm burnt out on it because the fact that it seems ultimately impossible to stay up in those ranks without some kind of application to keep you up there when things go sour, it is also VERY easy to drop rank from the top 3 ranks which sucks major balls.

CanTauSces: x5675 4.57ghz ~ 24GB 2133mhz CL10 Corsair Platinum ~ MSI X58 BIG BANG ~ AMD RADEON R9 Fury Nitro 1155mhz ~ 2x Velociraptor 1TB RAID 0 ~ 960GB x3 Crucial SSD ~ Creative SB Audigy FX ~ Corsair RM series 850 watts ~ Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440.

I remember a time where cheaters were actually a rare thing in OWE cases, now it's a cheater in almost every single case.

That's NA though, i play EU which is no different.

8 minutes ago, Potato*Salad said:

I'm burnt out on it because the fact that it seems ultimately impossible to stay up in those ranks without some kind of application to keep you up there when things go sour, it is also VERY easy to drop rank from the top 3 ranks which sucks major balls.

You will never get past Master Guardian unless you have a 5 man team of your friends. You will never get enough good teams at random to keep moving up the ranks. Even still getting to Global is a very long and hard process that requires thousands of hours of practice and a lot of skill.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

You will never get past Master Guardian unless you have a 5 man team of your friends. You will never get enough good teams at random to keep moving up the ranks. Even still getting to Global is a very long and hard process that requires thousands of hours of practice and a lot of skill.

2100 hrs.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

And what's your rank?

I hit Supreme, lost it and LEM back to LE through playing on cheating teams and against cheating teams.

There is less same ranks in those ranks than any other ranks, some Gold Nova getting all kills teamed with LE/LEM/Supreme carrying them.

Of course we never knew until the final end screen after the match.

19 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Not if you count PUBG

Pubg is not more watched than csgo is it? Either way Csgo is in the top 2.

7 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

Pubg is not more watched than csgo is it? Either way Csgo is in the top 2.

Yes, PUBG is #1 game on Steam and Twitch. I think only LoL is topping PUBGs player base right now

22 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

I managed to reach global solo queuing so this is not true. I honestly did not see any systemic problem with cheaters in prime matchmaking, thought it was pretty good. Have since switched to using Faceit though as now I can continue to rank up  and also 128 tick servers.

22 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes, PUBG is #1 game on Steam and Twitch. I think only LoL is topping PUBGs player base right now

Not surprising as PUBG out of all the other large named games will have the biggest player crossover with CSGO and many of the popular CSGO streamers are now playing PUBG. It doesn't mean CSGO is not still a really popular esport just it doesn't average the same as it used to since the rise in popularity of PUBG but csgo tournaments still pull large numbers of viewers

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

On 9/19/2017 at 12:21 PM, Max_Settings said:

Actually PUBG as been getting more viewers on twitch than LoL lately. with views typically having 110k - 150k

also.. Counterstrike mostly ONLY get more views in tournaments.. so does LoL

Play ESEA

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no