PC mountable case to a monitor?

Auleo

Hey guys, I have this monitor:

And I've notices it has 4 holes in the back where it has these threaded holes. I assume its for a mount, but are there any PC Cases that can mount on a monitor?

I want to put a Mini-itx with a i3-7100 in there, maybe a pentium g4560. I dont mind if its a fanless case, and the tinier the better. Prefereably if its just the case itself, bonus if it has a PSU integrated or a power brick comes along with it. I plan on having either a single SSD in there or maybe just an m.2. it'll be for a dad of a friend of mine. just needs to be able to run windows and stuff. no editing etc.

any suggestions? its hard trying to look for them, maybe im just using the wrong search terms. much appreciated guys!

Yeah thats the glorious VESA mount, im sure there are a couple of mini-itx cases that can be vesa mounted, but this kind of setup has been pretty much taken over by gigabyte brix mini PC's and NUCs

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

The Asrock DeskMini sounds like what you want. It's a barebones system and looks half decent. Though it may not work with Kaby Lake out of the box.

1 hour ago, DnFx91 said:

Yeah thats the glorious VESA mount, im sure there are a couple of mini-itx cases that can be vesa mounted, but this kind of setup has been pretty much taken over by gigabyte brix mini PC's and NUCs

Lol what is the "glorious VESA Mount"? what does VESA stand for if anything? do the NUC's take a different processor like an intel Atom or can i put a desktop CPU in it?

1 hour ago, divito said:

This website might help:

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/vesa

Personally, I have an M350 which I use in the bedroom. 

The page is listed in Pounds im american will it accept my US Dollars?

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

The Asrock DeskMini sounds like what you want. It's a barebones system and looks half decent. Though it may not work with Kaby Lake out of the box.

Imma google it for sure, thank you, any others?

Just now, Auleo said:

The page is listed in Pounds im american will it accept my US Dollars?

There's a drop-down menu near the top right that you can convert to US Dollars.

Just now, divito said:

There's a drop-down menu near the top right that you can convert to US Dollars.

theres a reason social darwinism will claim me one day, thank you for the protip

4 minutes ago, Auleo said:

theres a reason social darwinism will claim me one day, thank you for the protip

No worries. To be fair, there are many sites like this one. If you find the prices or shipping to be not ideal, at least you can use it to find some companies/models to look for. For instance, I bought my M350 from a different website entirely.

EDIT - http://mini-box.com is where I bought mine, which is US based.

13 minutes ago, divito said:

No worries. To be fair, there are many sites like this one. If you find the prices or shipping to be not ideal, at least you can use it to find some companies/models to look for. For instance, I bought my M350 from a different website entirely.

EDIT - http://mini-box.com is where I bought mine, which is US based.

I will check out this website for sure, thank you for everything so far :)

I'm basically doing this with an old laptop motherboard to make a low power all in one to use at my workbench.  Which sounds a lot more involved than buying an mSATA SSD, strapping a heatsink onto an 17W Sandybridge mobile i5, and 3d printing a custom enclosure for it.

Might make a power supply for it, or I'll just use a cheap laptop supply of the appropriate voltage soldered to the board.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

2 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

I'm basically doing this with an old laptop motherboard to make a low power all in one to use at my workbench.  Which sounds a lot more involved than buying an mSATA SSD, strapping a heatsink onto an 17W Sandybridge mobile i5, and 3d printing a custom enclosure for it.

Might make a power supply for it, or I'll just use a cheap laptop supply of the appropriate voltage soldered to the board.

I wish I was as brave, I just need a enclosure thats mountable which can house a mini itx with a lga1151 socket some ram and an m.2 or ssd

Check out Antec's ISK110-VESA case: https://www.amazon.com/Antec-ISK110-VESA-Mini-ITX-Case/dp/B0064LWISQ

It can be mounted to a monitor and includes a decent 80W power supply (they say 90W, but the internal board is only 80W).  I used one myself in a 4K media ITX build not long ago, and as long as you don't mind the tight space, it really makes a great system!  The build used an Asus Z170I motherboard with a Pentium G4400 and SSD, and the 80W PSU is more than enough to power it while playing 4K video.