Can't sign in from mobile

Since the update, I was signed out everywhere (as expected, I believe). However, when trying to access the forum from my phone, I can no longer log in - in fact, I can access anything in the top-right corner. Essentially, when tapping the three horizontal lines icon on the top right, nothing happens, as if it wasn't a button but just an image (before the update it would open the profile/account/notifications menu).

It's an Android 5.0 device, and the browser is the stock browser.

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is your phone up to date? Specifically, is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview&hl=en_GB up to date?

I don't know what to answer :P 

I've never seen it before, never got any update notifications about it. I can manually find it in the app manager under "all". So, unless some other app installed updates for it, it should be still whatever came with the phone the first day (in the apps details, it says "version 37").

Also, if i follow the link in my computer, I land in the Play page, where it tells me that it's compatible with my device and offers the option to "install". So, it seems Play doesn't recognize the WebView I have as the same as the one in the link o.O

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't know what to answer :P 

I've never seen it before, never got any update notifications about it. I can manually find it in the app manager under "all". So, unless some other app installed updates for it, it should be still whatever came with the phone the first day (in the apps details, it says "version 37").

Also, if i follow the link in my computer, I land in the Play page, where it tells me that it's compatible with my device and offers the option to "install". So, it seems Play doesn't recognize the WebView I have as the same as the one in the link o.O

Interesting, it's supposed to be updated from the Play Store from Android 5+. That would be why it's not working for you, though it should never have worked in that case. Try installing the app from the Play store, and see whether it works and fixes it.

If not, I'm afraid your browser isn't supported, and you'll need to use something else such as Chrome.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Interesting, it's supposed to be updated from the Play Store from Android 5+. That would be why it's not working for you, though it should never have worked in that case. Try installing the app from the Play store, and see whether it works and fixes it.

If not, I'm afraid your browser isn't supported, and you'll need to use something else such as Chrome.

It's really strange. After installing the Play app, now I have both of them as separate apps. The problem persisted, and I realize the downloaded app didn't seem to be running. So I went ahead and "disabled" the stock app. Then fired the browser again, and the problem persists. The strange part is that the stock app is disabled, the downloaded one doesn't seem to be running, and the browser works as usual...

Anyway, no point in spending too much effort in an isolated case. I'll do more experiments with the phone later. Thanks for trying, though ;)