need help!

kirbssss

after windows 10 update [Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems(KB4038788)]

i had no internet connection, so i searched the internet and found a solution(not)  

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Network - deleted the regs inside. the only two remaining is the default & FilterClasses

and now i dont have any network devices showing in device manager and a empty network connection folder. 

thanks in advance guys! 

On 9/16/2017 at 0:32 PM, Lurick said:

not yet, trying it now. im gonna give u an update once im done

On 9/16/2017 at 0:32 PM, Lurick said:

i tried the sfc /scannow 

Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations. 

and i tried the DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

the source file could not be downloaded.

i tried the netcfg -d in Cmd

my wan miniport shows up in device manager but in Unknown section. 

what to do now? i already tried the cmd commands svr32 

and space the regedit line in subfolder network.

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

You've deleted the entire network section it seems so windows doesn't know where to put stuff and can't detect other devices. You need to see if there is a restore point from before you changed the registry or re-install or reset windows 10

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

32 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You've deleted the entire network section it seems so windows doesn't know where to put stuff and can't detect other devices. You need to see if there is a restore point from before you changed the registry or re-install or reset windows 10

ok i did a system reset and i had the wan miniports back in the device manager but the network connection folder is still empty.

hi guys! ive been having some troubles this weekend with my internet.

ive lost my network adapters in the device manager. i managed to fix that by reinstalling my windows. but my network connections in network and internet folder is still empty. i tried to troubleshoot it thru the settings. Found windows could not find a driver for my network adapter.

i tried all the CMD commands that i can find thru google. and the reg edits. if your gonna suggest that i need to dl a driver thru usb. i dont have access to any other computer at the moment. 

and post a link where i can dl a offline driver.  thanks guys. hope you can help me :(

image.jpg

@kirbssss What's the name of your network adapter? or What's the name of your motherboard?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

See if you can download the file I've attached to this post and use that to install the ethernet driver.

It's 130MB so unless you've got a lot of mobile data to burn, I would advice you not download over mobile :) 

If you need the other network drivers try here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-8300/drivers/advanced

R282233.exe

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 2017-09-18 at 12:55 AM, Cyberspirit said:

@kirbssss What's the name of your network adapter? or What's the name of your motherboard?

mobo: Dell inc. 0Y2MRG

Network Card: WAN miniport (IKEv2)

On 2017-09-18 at 6:35 AM, Lurick said:

See if you can download the file I've attached to this post and use that to install the ethernet driver.

It's 130MB so unless you've got a lot of mobile data to burn, I would advice you not download over mobile :) 

If you need the other network drivers try here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-8300/drivers/advanced

R282233.exe

i already installed but no luck still :(

@kirbssss I found two links that look helpful. This one has been solved so try that hopefully it'll help.

If it doesn't you could check This it explains how to check what exact driver you need. 

update: brough it in the shop. but still no luck for the LAN enternet adapter. They gave me wifi adapter instead because they cant fix it.

i am currently resetting the pc again. 

2 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

@kirbssss I found two links that look helpful. This one has been solved so try that hopefully it'll help.

If it doesn't you could check This it explains how to check what exact driver you need. 

i am currently resetting the pc. i'll give you an update once its done

i cant do the two links that you gave me because all i have in the network connection folder is the wifi. 

dont have the access on any enternet adaptor/controller properties.

@kirbssss Well your best choice would be the Microsoft  Live Chat  HERE just click get started and after you described your problem a real person will hit you up so don't close the tab.

I've used this a couple times and they were really nice and always solved my problem so give it a shot.

Chances are your problem will be fixed in like half an hour.

This is a perfect example why deleting random things from the registry is a bad idea. I would suggest backup and fully reinstall Windows with no data saved.

Otherwise right click and uninstall everything under unknown in device manager. Restart.

View by connection in device manager and you should be able to find the network adaptor, uninstall it and restart.

Your should have a network adaptor again.