Is the Asrock B350 Pro4 any good?

hazzerjt

I'm going to be pairing it with a R5 1600 1600. Compared to other motherboards, it seems to offer so much more for the price. Is there any catches why you wouldn't buy it? 

hey I had many problems with ASRock before. and for me, it looks like a pretty standard board (inside my brothers pc we first wanted to get an a320 from Asrock which I had to return twice to the store. Mabie I had the very unlucky lottery ticket but I just want to tell you)

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

I don't know about the B350, but I have a similar board (B250M Pro4) And it's perfectly fine. Been using it for ~half a year and no problems at all.

Hope that helps.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

10 minutes ago, hazzerjt said:

I'm going to be pairing it with a R5 1600 1600. Compared to other motherboards, it seems to offer so much more for the price. Is there any catches why you wouldn't buy it? 

I have the ASRock AB350 Pro4 and Ryzen 5 1600.  It's not a bad board, but don't expect any hardcore overclocks.  It has terrible vdroop.  I run at 3.8GHz at 1.35v and it's dropped to 1.275v at times during load.  That board also doesn't have LLC capabilities or the ability to adjust SoC voltage in the bios.  Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad board and I'm comfortable with my overclock, but I have to push above 1.4v to do 3.9GHz and can't touch 4GHz.

If I had the choice, I probably wouldn't buy it again.  I'd purchase Asus Prime B350-Plus, or the Asus ROG Strix-F Gaming.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Easily:

Better than MSI Shittyhawk clones

Better than Gigabyte 4+3

Worse than Asus 4+4/4+2

Worse than MSI 4+2 big

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

I built two PCs based on that motherboard today (paired with an R5 1600), it looks really decent for the price.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I have the AB350M Pro4 paired with an R5 1600X that I haven't seen any reason to overclock.  It's been great and I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone doing an mATX build.

Pros:

• "Best" mATX AM4 mobo when I purchased it, probably still is.
  • Keeps a stock 1600X happily boosting at 3.7/4.1
  • Easy to update the bios, and Asrock is pretty good about releasing bios updates in a timely manner.
  • Runs 16 gigs of Corsair LPX 3200 C16 at 2933? 2966? without any tweaking at all.  Load XMP, select speed, reboot, done
  • 2 m.2 slots allow me to run my nvme boot drive and a second sata-speed m.2 drive
  • Posts quickly.
  • Doesn't have stupid lights built into it
  • Has two RGB headers so you can add your own stupid lights!
  • Looks awesome, especially for a black and white build.
  • Boatloads of current delivery capability because doubled 3-phase, vrm's run pretty cool.
  • Cheap AF
  • Hasn't given me any of the headaches my friend's MSI board has (long post time, weird all-or-nothing fan response, refusal to run the exact same ram anywhere above 2600, etc)

Cons:

• Bios settings are somewhat limited, then again I'm used to the Crosshair board in my old machine with every setting under the sun.  I mostly just wish it had LLC.
  • Bad Vdroop because doubled 3-phase
  • I wish it had more power phases
  • Out of the box the network adapter didn't work, had to download drivers on my laptop and install via usb drive, which isn't a big deal at all.
  • Supposedly the second PCI express slot gets disabled if you use an nvme drive, but the Fury Nitro is so big I wouldn't have been able to fit the 10 gigabit NIC in there anyways.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.