1080ti hybrid comparisons?

Dagnis

Currently, to my knowledge there are three 1080ti hybrids, the EVGA FTW3 (~$850), EVGA SC2 (~$810), and MSI Sea Hawk (~$800). I know they all basically have the same pump, and I plan on replacing the fans with Noctua in a push/pull.

With that aside, I am scratching my head for the differences. I know the two EVGA cards will probably have the same software as well. Are there any notable differences in the three cards? Any reason why the FTW is roughly $50 higher, and SC2 typically $10 higher then MSI? What about the software, is there any difference between the two such as pump speed control or anything?

edit: prices added in USD.

FTW probs has a higher stock clock, possibly better power delivery or slightly higher binned. The SC2 is usually the best value high performance card in EVGA's lineup tho, it's what a lot of people go for. Oh, and the FTW has RGB so you can sync the logo to your color scheme. I think the SC2 is just white. And IDK about the Sea Hawk, but MSI makes good GPUs (I have a Gaming series 980 Ti). 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I have the SC2 cards and love them. The clock differences don't mean much to me because they immediately boost to 2050 without tweaking anything and don't dip from that.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

FTW probs has a higher stock clock, possibly better power delivery or slightly higher binned. The SC2 is usually the best value high performance card in EVGA's lineup tho, it's what a lot of people go for. Oh, and the FTW has RGB so you can sync the logo to your color scheme. I think the SC2 is just white. And IDK about the Sea Hawk, but MSI makes good GPUs (I have a Gaming series 980 Ti). 

Yup, SC2 is just white.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Didn't know the FTW3 had RGB. Given that is most likely the reason it's more expensive, I can throw it out the window for my future build (I will have a completely closed case). Thank you for that info. 

Performance/Temperature wise, all the Hybrids will be the same. The SC2 Hybrid uses the SC2 PCB, which is, I believe, is the Founders Edition PCB. The FTW3 Hybrid has a FTW3 PCB, which is a custom PCB. Thus, you may have better overclocks on the FTW3 Hybrid compared to the SC2 Hybrid, but it won't really be THAT noticeable. The SC2 Hybrid also has no RGB lighting, only White lighting, while the FTW3 Hybrid does have RGB. I don't know much about the Sea Hawk Hybrid because I usually tend to stay away from MSI, but from what I hear it's a good card. Personally, I have the FTW3 Hybrid, because I felt that it matched my PC's theme better (lol). However, value wise the SC2 Hybrid is probably the best. Plus, you get EVGA's awesome Warranty and Customer Service :). 

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

Yup, SC2 is just white.

Thought so. I was gonna get an EVGA 1070 SC2, but the guy dumped me the day of the pickup so I got the 980 Ti. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

I have the SC2 cards and love them. The clock differences don't mean much to me because they immediately boost to 2050 without tweaking anything and don't dip from that.

Can you control the pump speed on the SC2 Hybrid?

The FTW Is pretty much the highest on EVGA's lineup, although I've never heard anything bad about a Seahawk.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Dagnis said:

If I remember correctly, I don't believe so. The FTW3 Hybrid allows you to change the pump speed though.

Riptide

Spoiler

| CPUi7 9700K @4.8GHz | Motherboard - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Code | Cooler - NZXT Kraken X52 | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @3600MHz | GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid @2.1GHz | Storage - Samsung 960 Pro 512GB; Samsung 850 Evo 1TB; WD Black 2TB | Power Supply - EVGA G3 1000 Watt (with CableMod Cables) | Case - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG (Anthracite Gray) | Case Fans - Too many Corsair ML120 Pro fans :P |

Peripherals

Spoiler

| Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum with Cherry MX Brown switches | Mouse - Logitech G Pro + Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | Audio - Sennheiser PC37X + GSX 1000 |

2 minutes ago, Dagnis said:

No. I don't think it is possible on any of the EVGA cards.

Just now, Legendarypoet said:

No. I don't think it is possible on any of the EVGA cards.

It is with the FTW3 Hybrid, but I just have it at default anyways :P.

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler

Just now, KSP said:

Oh man. I asked an EVGA rep that and they said no. I still think I would have picked the SC2s, but that would have been good to know.

13 minutes ago, KSP said:

11 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Oh man. I asked an EVGA rep that and they said no. I still think I would have picked the SC2s, but that would have been good to know.

Good to know. It would seem the SC2 can be modded to have the pump be controllable, so I'm not too worried now. I guess I'm just not sure why I'd go with EVGA though when the MSI is 10 less (though SC2 seems more "known" and thus more trusted). 

6 minutes ago, Dagnis said:

Good to know. It would seem the SC2 can be modded to have the pump be controllable, so I'm not too worried now. I guess I'm just not sure why I'd go with EVGA though when the MSI is 10 less (though SC2 seems more "known" and thus more trusted). 

I trusted the EVGA card since I used the hybrid kit in the past and liked the VRM cooling plate. I don't think either option is a bad choice.

10 hours ago, Dagnis said:

10 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

I trusted the EVGA card since I used the hybrid kit in the past and liked the VRM cooling plate. I don't think either option is a bad choice.

^This

EVGA CS is amazing, and I didn't want to take the chance with MSI's CS with a $800 watercooled GPU. Personally, I think it's worth the extra $10 to get the SC2 Hybrid.

Riptide

Spoiler

Peripherals

Spoiler