Crosshair VI HERO BIOS Auto Update ??

Ok I'm planning to change my Mobo for a Crosshair VI HERO ( Currently I'm using Gigabyte Gaming 5 ) but now I'm bit worried. 
What's all these Auto BIOS Update and Bricking the board I'm hearing about all over the internet ?? 

People claiming that, one day all sudden when they turning on their PC the BIOS is automatically updating and end up bricking their boards ? ( No they didn't turn off the PC, it just brick itself ) 

I would not be all too worried about that. Asus boards are the least "brickable" boards that I have encountered so far. Even if the bios gets corrupted somehow, you can still flash it manually most of the time and therefore fix the issue, even without a CPU installed. 

Spoiler

Main Rig: EK custom loop |2700x @ 4.25 Ghz| Msi X470 Gaming Plus | 32gb DDR4 | Aorus GTX 1080ti @ 2088 Mhz | TT Core X71 TG | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb + 256gb Toshiba NVMe + 275GB Crucial m.2

Laptop: Surface Book 2 15" |  i7 8650U 4.2 GHz | 16gb DDR3L | GTX 1060 6gb | 265GB NVMe SSD

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9jvNnH

Crosshairs are the least brickable.

You can flash the BIOS only with power.

The Update over internet sucks, use only the flashdrive one.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

1 minute ago, Davidwr80 said:

I would not be all too worried about that. Asus boards are the least "brickable" boards that I have encountered so far. Even if the bios gets corrupted somehow, you can still flash it manually most of the time and therefore fix the issue, even without a CPU installed. 

Hide contents

Well I heard some were able to recover from it or even maybe if you accidentally bricking it, you could use the Manual Flashback to recover from it. Still it be such a pain and what if it doesn't work ( Who knows it may happen right ? ) 

But what's this all about I can't find a solid answer, but I was able to caught few posts and videos of people having this issue. They couldn't explain why and what's the cause. 
It just happen itself as I mentioned, they just turn on their PC and the board will automatically try to update the BIOS and just ended up bricking itself....

There was someone in Overclockers.com who is able to recover from it. The solution was posted by ASUS themselves. 
But I didn't hear and I couldn't find any Reviewer Site news about the CH6 board BIOS Auto Updating and Bricking itself. 

Except for Gigabyte boards which have ton of BIOS issues, recently their F7 BIOS for the Gaming 5 / K5 board fried someone's CPU by pumping 1.7 Volt ! 
They removed the BIOS after a few days and now it's replaced with F8....

Now honestly I'm not a big fan of doing BIOS Update....but well I guess we have no choice ! Unless you don't mind the lacking of performance which you PAID for !

1 minute ago, dave_k said:

Crosshairs are the least brickable.

You can flash the BIOS only with power.

The Update over internet sucks, use only the flashdrive one.

I won't try to update via Internet. As I know it will only end up badly, happened to many people. Especially when you're doing on the Windows Desktop. 
But I just wanna be sure I won't have to go through all these hassle after paying so much for this board ( this is the 2nd most expensive X370 board you can buy here ) 

I mean if I accidentally Bricking it myself it's my fault. But what's all this about " auto BIOS update " people are blaming for their boards bricking itself ?? 
Anyone have any idea at all? What's the full story. I'm only being told repeatedly that it just happen by itself. Is it some sort of bug ?? Will it still happen ?? 

12 minutes ago, gh0st47 said:

I won't try to update via Internet. As I know it will only end up badly, happened to many people. Especially when you're doing on the Windows Desktop. 
But I just wanna be sure I won't have to go through all these hassle after paying so much for this board ( this is the 2nd most expensive X370 board you can buy here ) 

I mean if I accidentally Bricking it myself it's my fault. But what's all this about " auto BIOS update " people are blaming for their boards bricking itself ?? 
Anyone have any idea at all? What's the full story. I'm only being told repeatedly that it just happen by itself. Is it some sort of bug ?? Will it still happen ?? 

People screw it up even on such unbrickable thing as C6H.

I have the cheapest AM4 Strix mobo with no fancy features like C6H.

I flashed BIOS on my mobo 3 times and didnt brick it.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just make sure not to do it during a thunderstorm should be self explanatory but if you lose power in the middle that primary BIOS is bricked.  Not too terrible if you have a dual BIOS board but still a pain.  Make sure the BIOS file you download is the only thing on the flashdrive so your board (and you) can find it. 

It's really funny, I mean BIOS Update is well such a " fragile " thing you could say, yet after such long years we still have to be careful doing it. As I said I wouldn't want to do it either but I have no choice since it provides VITAL upgrade, I wonder when will the make it more user friendly....I mean it's lot easier than back in the days I agree ( Back then you had to use DOS to do it lol...I've seen it... ) but it's still not " stupid proof " honestly. 

All boards should really include a Dual BIOS....feature. Now I'm considering myself whether to get a UPS in future to prevent bad things from happening while doing it.....
May I add UPS ain't cheap either....and such a hassle looking for a place to store it since it's so big ! 

I PRAY the board I'm buying will be flashed to the latest BIOS....
Is Warranty still cover if you brick your board while flashing ?