Best microphone for voice recording

I have the Sound Blaster Z sound card and would like to plug headphones and a stand alone microphone into the sound card itself.

Can anyone point me to where I can find a execellent headphones and a standalone microphone that are 3.5mm.

The internet recommends the blue yeti microphones, but those are USB. I want to utilize my new soundcard, so it must be a 3.5mm headphone and the standalone microphone. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Zymal said:

I want to utilize my new soundcard

That's not how soundcards work.No amp/dac makes any processing on the audio coming in/Just get a blue yeti or a at2020

My life

Earthworks SR30 it can be plugged in into that sound-card no problem I would of course recommend a ZXR instead of that card but anyway do as you may. Of course fancy soundcards aren't extremely useful nowdays unless you are doing very specialized work.

4 minutes ago, GamerMaker said:

fancy soundcards aren't extremely useful nowdays unless you are doing very specialized work.

there more useless in the specialized fields

My life

I regret buying a condenser mic for voice recording, I wish I'd grabbed a lapel microphone instead. The massive thing just gets in the way. However I only talk into the microphone - nothing musical.

What type of voice recording is the mic for?

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

Just now, Himommies said:

there more useless in the specialized fields

I mean rendering fancy 30 channel midi requires expensive sound-cards to work.

4 minutes ago, GamerMaker said:

I mean rendering fancy 30 channel midi requires expensive sound-cards to work.

Rendering MIDI is done by a processor, either by the CPU inside the PC, or by a processor in music equipment such as a MIDI controller. The soundcard you refer to only acts as a hub where info passes by, converts A/D or D/A, etc.

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

2 minutes ago, steffeeh said:

Rendering MIDI is done by a processor, either by the CPU inside the PC, or by a processor in music equipment such as a MIDI controller. The soundcard you refer to only acts as a hub where info passes by, converts A/D or D/A, etc.

and we don't use sound cards as that anymore because audio interfaces are a thing

My life

An Audio Interface has a soundcard inside, aside from the additional features. We're referring to the same gadget I believe.