Ryzen 1600 - No Post With New RAM

Hey,

So I have just built a new Ryzen system with a 1600, MSI B350m Bazooka motherboard and a GTX 1050.

When everything was delivered I realised I'd accidentally ordered DDR3 RAM (DOH!) so I borrowed an 8GB stick of HyperX from a friend to get me going.

Now that my new Corsair Vengeance 2x 4GB Kit has been delivered, i'm having some issues:

1x Vengeance installed - No post

2x Vengeance installed - No post

1x Vengeance installed & 1x HyperX installed - Post and bios/windows sees both sticks 

2x Vengeance installed & 1x HyperX installed - Post and bios/windows sees all 3 sticks

I'm absolutely tearing my hair out here and my friend needs his ram back, help!

is your new ram a supported speed? or did you buy an unsupported speed and it's running at a lower clock to be able to boot into windows?

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

is your new ram a supported speed? or did you buy an unsupported speed and it's running at a lower clock to be able to boot into windows?

From the forum posts i've found its all completely compatible. Any idea how to check this in bios and settings I can tweak to set it to a bootable speed?

1 minute ago, Ca11umH97 said:

From the forum posts i've found its all completely compatible. Any idea how to check this in bios and settings I can tweak to set it to a bootable speed?

well check with something like cpu-z first and see if it's actually running at a lower speed than it is

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

well check with something like cpu-z first and see if it's actually running at a lower speed than it is

But you've got enable xmp at the bios to male the chips run at the rated speed else they will run at jedec standard speeds. Even if xmp was somehow enabled after multiple post fails i believe the mobo automatically reverts to jedec speeds. If  this is not happening clearing cmos could solve the problem.

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

1 minute ago, Ezio Auditore said:

But you've got enable xmp at the bios to male the chips run at the rated speed else they will run at jedec standard speeds. Even if xmp was somehow enabled after multiple post fails i believe the mobo automatically reverts to jedec speeds. If  this is not happening clearing cmos could solve the problem.

Okay, so how do I turn xmp on in an AMD UEFI, isn't it called something else?

Use the HyperX RAM to boot, update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version (if there's a beta one available, go for it) and check whether the PC boots with Corsair sticks. If not, boot with all 3 sticks and set the frequency to the non-XMP one (2133MHz) and see if it helps.

Just now, Ca11umH97 said:

It's called A-XMP on AMD boards. At least it is called like that on B350 Gaming Plus one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Use the HyperX RAM to boot, update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest version (if there's a beta one available, go for it) and check whether the PC boots with Corsair sticks. If not, boot with all 3 sticks and set the frequency to the non-XMP one (2133MHz) and see if it helps.

It's called A-XMP on AMD boards. At least it is called like that on B350 Gaming Plus one.

Thank you so much for that, i'll try it right away! 

Already updated the bios but i'll make the xmp tweak

3 minutes ago, Ca11umH97 said:

You should disable A-XMP. You want to run it at jedec speeds.

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Okay, I set the RAM speeds to 2133 with A-XMP disabled, then took out the HyperX and it just boot loops, any ideas?

18 minutes ago, Ca11umH97 said:

Okay, I set the RAM speeds to 2133 with A-XMP disabled, then took out the HyperX and it just boot loops, any ideas?

Clear cmos just for the heck of it?

Don't know why it would work but turning something on and off seems to work most of the time. And please update this thread, I am really intrigued by your problem.

31 minutes ago, Ca11umH97 said:

RAM timings might be set in a wrong way, clear CMOS as mentioned above and report back

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

16 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Clear cmos just for the heck of it?

Don't know why it would work but turning something on and off seems to work most of the time. And please update this thread, I am really intrigued by your problem.

Feck me sideways it bloody works! 

Cleared the cmos and rebooted a couple of times and now windows boots and sees ll 8gb of RAM!

Thank you everyone so so much x

24 minutes ago, Ca11umH97 said:

Feck me sideways it bloody works! 

Cleared the cmos and rebooted a couple of times and now windows boots and sees ll 8gb of RAM!

Thank you everyone so so much x

IKR MAN. Computer are fucked up. 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------