Mice with fingerprint scanner

Why aren't mice with fingerprint scanners/sensors a "popular" thing. I've seen a couple of them online, but nothing mainstream. 

If almost everybody wants/has a fingerprint scanner on their smarthphone, why not on your mouse?

Just wondering....

Because there are more important things, like RGB scroll wheels. 

chroma-round.gif.7f9fcd7c1dce7c6e4aa90fc9d1c0d43b.gif

Jokes aside, I'm with you on that. I've been looking into using my fingerprint to unlock my PC for a while now but all the options are either so crap or so expensive that it's just not worth it. I'd love to have a fingerprint sensor that can just be mounted to the underside of my desk and use that to unlock my PC. Given how pretty much all smartphones now have fingerprint scanners, I'm surprised it hasn't come over the PC market. 

3 minutes ago, Woxtrot said:

If almost everybody wants/has a fingerprint scanner on their smarthphone, why not on your mouse?

i don't think it is "almost everybody" - sure, more and more phones come with fingerprint scanner built in but that's the flagship models not everyone can afford.

same for fingerprint readers on laptops - they have been around since the good old IBM tankpads AFAIK but didn't really become mainstream. 

would be nice if they would become standard so there would be no more excuses for not putting a secure lock on your phone/pc

It are not only flagships that have fingerprint sensors now, alot of entry/medium price smartphones have fingerprint sensors now. :D