VoIP Phone System for Small Business

Hi LTT Community! 

So I'm a student network administrator at a daycare close to where I live (I'm a high school senior) and they are looking for a phone solution for each teacher room. I already have a fully constructed network with 36 wired devices, 32 of which are network cameras, and our current 9U rack is completely full pretty much. 

We're looking for a custom solution for a VoIP phone system that connects to the network like any other device and I can set room extensions and redirection as needed. This upgrade will be part of a 1:1 computer to classroom ratio initiative where there's a computer in every classroom, so I'll be making new PoE gigabit ethernet drops and some regular gigabit drops for some additional client computers. We're planning on installing a full-height rack in a dedicated room with a lock and key, with a couple fiber patch panels for long-distance runs. 

One end of the building will have it's own 48-port PoE switch and a 10 gigabit fiber run to the other side of the building where the new server room will be constructed. Each teacher will have an active directory account on the local network so they can access their documents for their classroom individually. A Dell Poweredge R710 12-core will be installed to handle an 8TB RAID-10 array file server and new surveillance server. Our current server works fine with 2TB in RAID-1 but it gets so hot in the rack it's in right now. Core i7-6800K CPU's get hot at 100% usage. 

Any info would be helpful! TIA! 

Cam

Cameron Lasley

Owner, Lasley Media Group

asterisk

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Several compagnies I've been to for my job use Unifi:
http://www.unify.com/nl/products-services/unified-communications/phones-and-clients/desktop-phones.aspx

The management of it is pretty easy to understand if you have a grasp of the basic terms in (cisco) phone systems.
You can even use them with lan passtrough like normal cico phones so you don't need to patch more ports to the desks etc.
You can often have them power over PoE or with a seperate power adapter if PoE isn't a option.
It does require you to set up a seperate voice vlan on your switches but I don't think your going to find a system where you don't need to do this.