Vega 56 Availability

Newbie0

Hi,

I need a RX 580 or Vega 56 for my new rig. But, both of them is out of stock.

Yesterday I  visited AMD's website. In the shop there was vega 64 & so many cards. But there wasn't Vega 56!! 

What's the reason of it??

one more thing, In Newegg vega 56 is selling by SAPPHIRE,MSI,ASUS..... But every product thumbnail was the main Vega 56 & the price was 559$?!?

Please explain this & can I pre-order the main vega 56? if I can, then plz tell me how...

What's the reason for cards being sold out?  Really?  You've managed to not hear about this yet?  Well, it's because cryptocurrency "miners" are buying them all in huge quantities, and due to the nature of the business, are willing to "overspend" relative to what prices gamers are used to, which also drives the price up.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What's the reason for cards being sold out?  Really?  You've managed to not hear about this yet?  Well, it's because cryptocurrency "miners" are buying them all in huge quantities, and due to the nature of the business, are willing to "overspend" relative to what prices gamers are used to, which also drives the price up.

I know about the mining madness. But why Vega 56 wasn't listed in the Amd's shop???

Good luck getting an AMD card for a decent price any time soon.

Either wait, or pony up the cash to get something now. Or go NVidia.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

[...] or pony up the cash to get something now. [...]

People doing that, be them miners or gamers is what's keeping the price high

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

People doing that, be them miners or gamers is what's keeping the price high

And yet those are the options available.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

And yet those are the options available.

Yeah, just pointing out people tend to complain about the prices and then go pay it anyway, failing to see the hypocrisy lol

1 minute ago, Fungal said:

Get a 1070

Just now, dizmo said:

Or go NVidia.

Not a NVIDIA guy. I just personally like them because of their perfonmance drop & other issues...

Just now, noobie1 said:

Not a NVIDIA guy. I just personally like them because of their perfonmance drop & other issues...

I assume you meant to say "don't like them" :P

But what performance drop?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Right you are...

in the past I bought a NVIDIA card. But it was just a piece of junk.

Few months later, the core clock dropped & it was unusable.

Also, I've read some blogs online & those shows that NVIDIA cards performances drops.

18 minutes ago, Fungal said:

Get a 1070

Vega 56 it as powerful as a GTX 1080 if you undervolt it... If it weren't for the pricing and availability issues the 1070 would be essentially reduced to garbage. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah, just pointing out people tend to complain about the prices and then go pay it anyway, failing to see the hypocrisy lol

Haha, yeah. I'm too cheap to overpay, so I'm stuck waiting. :|

The heart wants what the heart wants, and so on and so forth :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, noobie1 said:

Right you are...

in the past I bought a NVIDIA card. But it was just a piece of junk.

Few months later, the core clock dropped & it was unusable.

Also, I've read some blogs online & those shows that NVIDIA cards performances drops.

That sounds like either bad luck or a software bug or something.  Either way, they don't drop over time.  If anything, it goes up as drivers improve, and this has been tested a few times:

48 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

but the base gtx 1070 is not available in the MSRp. whre could I get one???

11 hours ago, noobie1 said:

but the base gtx 1070 is not available in the MSRp. whre could I get one???

You can't yet, wait for prices to fall.  It could take a year, or more or they might never return to normal