I have my gaming rig and all my other stuff in rack mount cases. I currently am cooling my 6600k with a Noctua NH-D9L and a pair of NF-A9 PWM Fans. I MAY have clearance for SOME 120mm tower coolers if I remove my internal cross/ add in card brace. but I wont do that. Ive looked into it and have heard some okay reviews and some not so happy reviews about the Phononics HEX2.0 cooler. I do realize that the software that is downloaded for it is still a bit janky and not really the greatest but I can get temp feedback from the CPU and other sensors so no big deal there as long as it will allow me to control the level of cooling (which it does). Has ANYONE had personal experience with this 92mm cooler and my big question... IS IT DURABLE. Is the pelt plate of quality and will it last? I know if you buy Amazon or eBay peltiers they are usually of questionable quality and burn out fairly quick even with proper heat removale via heatsink or water block. It's expensive but would be perfect in my situation as I do NOT want to put water in this case.

20170906_134257[2].jpg

9 hours ago, Chris_Hercules said:

I have my gaming rig and all my other stuff in rack mount cases. I currently am cooling my 6600k with a Noctua NH-D9L and a pair of NF-A9 PWM Fans. I MAY have clearance for SOME 120mm tower coolers if I remove my internal cross/ add in card brace. but I wont do that. Ive looked into it and have heard some okay reviews and some not so happy reviews about the Phononics HEX2.0 cooler. I do realize that the software that is downloaded for it is still a bit janky and not really the greatest but I can get temp feedback from the CPU and other sensors so no big deal there as long as it will allow me to control the level of cooling (which it does). Has ANYONE had personal experience with this 92mm cooler and my big question... IS IT DURABLE. Is the pelt plate of quality and will it last? I know if you buy Amazon or eBay peltiers they are usually of questionable quality and burn out fairly quick even with proper heat removale via heatsink or water block. It's expensive but would be perfect in my situation as I do NOT want to put water in this case.

I wouldn't recommend it TEC coolers aren't overly popular for one sole reason being they are very inefficient. This unit regulates itself to ensure it doesn't go sub ambient from my understanding so you won't have condensation to worry about. For the cost though and the height you have in that case you could go with a single AIO rad cooler which would be better than that unit. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

This unit regulates itself to ensure it doesn't go sub ambient from my understanding 

Not true )and yet it IS true all at the same time)and I am aware of that already. In the correct conditions it CAN condense the moisture in the air and I am aware of this fact also, with this particular unit. As for efficiency, I don't care. I have a special use case here with trying to fit a decent and EFFECTIVE cooler into a 4u case. The software can be used to create and control sub ambient temps (it has three settings and I have a few friends who would be willing to write new software for it for  a college project because the OEM software is crap) and thus can create condensation. Not a huge issue for me since i run dehumidifiers constantly. Running without the USB connection and software it IS self regulating from what I understand.

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

For the cost though and the height you have in that case you could go with a single AIO rad cooler which would be better than that unit. 

How am I to mount a 120 or 240 rad in this properly and securely? In the long run, to do it right, this will be a cheaper solution.  I will never use another AIO. A custom loop.... WAYYY too expensive, not to mention having a custom center wall mount made. I appreciate all your thoughts, keep 'em coming. but my issue is durability, that is my concern. I want to know what experience people have had with this unit and it failing.

9 minutes ago, Chris_Hercules said:

-SNIP-

If you run the system sub ambient no matter what you do it will cause some condensation to occur so it will need proper insulating or protection against moisture. As long as you don't mind going to the effort and having the extra power consumption it'll work fine. As for an AIO it would be just a simple matter or installing a mount to hold the rad, if your looking for reliability, best would be an aircooler as it has the least number of moving or electronic parts that can go wrong. 

Just now, W-L said:

If you run the system sub ambient no matter what you do it will cause some condensation to occur so it will need proper insulating or protection against moisture. As long as you don't mind going to the effort and having the extra power consumption it'll work fine. As for an AIO it would be just a simple matter or installing a mount to hold the rad, if your looking for reliability, best would be an aircooler as it has the least number of moving or electronic parts that can go wrong. 

I know this too, I have built a phase change system in the past. Neoprene, conformal coating and filling the socket with dielectric grease. the materials aren't horrible expensive. You are 110% right about the air cooler being the most reliable, this is so very true.  I guess I'm not OVERLY worried about reliability what I want to know is are these units prone to failing consistently within a few weeks of their warranty going out? Kind of like an Apple product is designed to fail.

Just now, Chris_Hercules said:

I know this too, I have built a phase change system in the past. Neoprene, conformal coating and filling the socket with dielectric grease. the materials aren't horrible expensive. You are 110% right about the air cooler being the most reliable, this is so very true.  I guess I'm not OVERLY worried about reliability what I want to know is are these units prone to failing consistently within a few weeks of their warranty going out? Kind of like an Apple product is designed to fail.

I wouldn't say that they would die right out of warranty but it's hard to say since we don't know their source for TEC or peliter units. I'm assuming they are not going with eBay el cheapo units as proper high quality TEC units have much higher reliability.