Have any of you guys used a cheap noodle press? Can you recommend one?

Railgun

I want to buy one of those cheap noodle presses so I can make my own pasta. I'm talking about the lowly hand crank ones that won't exceed the 20-40 dollar price range. So far Amazon reviews can't decide if they are good or if they all break instantly. I was wondering if there was anyone who can recommend a brand, so I came to a tech forum which is obviously the most qualified place. I've never bought anything of this sort so I have no idea what I'm getting into.

Thanks

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

You might want to go to a kitchen or baking store around where you live to check one out. Kitchen stores are everywhere but call to see if they have one before you do go(if you go).

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

There's this type (for flat noodles) that I own. It can be found here (as well as other places) :

https://bestchoiceproducts.com/products/pasta-maker-roller-machine-7-dough-making-fresh-noodle-maker-stainless-steel?gdffi=007fe586e71244a0919e2efb123cba56&gdfms=67B6CDB717DF425E98E535D50AD7A885

And a press for spaghetti type noodles :

http://www.lightinthebox.com/portable-home-stainless-steel-pasta-noodle-press-machine-with-5-template_p2348785.html?currency=USD&litb_from=bing_shopping&utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingshopping

Those are the 2 that I have. There are a million varieties to choose from.There's cheaper plastic models, and tons of all different kinds on ebay.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

IMO when it comes to kitchen supplies. Go and buy it from a retail store, that way you can physically see its built quality and whether you like it or not. Don't like the way it works, then it's a quick drive back to the store for a exchange or refund. Much faster then repacking and shipping it back.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 9/8/2017 at 6:50 PM, MadModder said:

There's this type (for flat noodles) that I own. It can be found here (as well as other places) :

https://bestchoiceproducts.com/products/pasta-maker-roller-machine-7-dough-making-fresh-noodle-maker-stainless-steel?gdffi=007fe586e71244a0919e2efb123cba56&gdfms=67B6CDB717DF425E98E535D50AD7A885

And a press for spaghetti type noodles :

http://www.lightinthebox.com/portable-home-stainless-steel-pasta-noodle-press-machine-with-5-template_p2348785.html?currency=USD&litb_from=bing_shopping&utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingshopping

Those are the 2 that I have. There are a million varieties to choose from.There's cheaper plastic models, and tons of all different kinds on ebay.

I'm interested in that spaghetti press. Does it seem sturdy enough to last a while without breaking?

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Yes. That's why I didn't buy a plastic one. It's a pain to clean though, but I'm sure that's true with any of them. Warning: once you start making your own noodles, you'll never want store bought again. I also found this to be the case with making my own bread. Just can't stand store bought anymore. :D Luckily the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

3 hours ago, MadModder said:

Yes. That's why I didn't buy a plastic one. It's a pain to clean though, but I'm sure that's true with any of them. Warning: once you start making your own noodles, you'll never want store bought again. I also found this to be the case with making my own bread. Just can't stand store bought anymore. :D Luckily the more you do it, the easier it gets.

hype hype