I am looking for a 1440p monitor

hey guys i am very much done with my first gaming pc rig just a bit confused about the monitor i am going for 1440p panel but i am very much confused about should i get a 144hz panel or a 60hz panel 144hz panel is 150 dollars more than 60 hz panel so i can save a couple of dollars going for 60hz one but i need your suggestions

please note ; i am not a heavy gamer i will play gta 5 and  new upcoming nfs payback and couple of games like gears of war, overwatch, battlefield 1 and doom

Btw if you want to check my pc part picker list go here : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BcY9gL

Thanks in advance 9_9

7 minutes ago, JOHN MAHDI said:

144hz panel is 150 dollars more than 60 hz panel so i can save a couple of dollars going for 60hz

Links to the monitors you found?

I would recommend 144Hz but it all depends on what games you'll be playing in order to see if you'll be able to get  anywhere close to 144fps.

I play only World of Tanks and I got an EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid to drive my 1440p 144Hz monitor. In ultra settings I manage to reach 99% usage on my graphics card and get 115 FPS constantly. If I  were to game again at 60fps it would take me a lot of time to get used, anything over 60-75Hz it's just awesome, the fluidity and mine has G-Sync and it's even nicer.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

3 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

Links to the monitors you found?

I would recommend 144Hz but it all depends on what games you'll be playing in order to see if you'll be able to get  anywhere close to 144fps.

I play only World of Tanks and I got an EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid to drive my 1440p 144Hz monitor. In ultra settings I manage to reach 99% usage on my graphics card and get 115 FPS constantly. If I  were to game again at 60fps it would take me a lot of time to get used, anything over 60-75Hz it's just awesome, the fluidity and mine has G-Sync and it's even nicer.

you can check my pc list here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BcY9gL and i and not a heavy user

144hz : acer xg270hu

60hz : acer k272hul

both have 1 ms response time the only difference is hz

both are 2k resolution monitors

34 minutes ago, JOHN MAHDI said:

you can check my pc list here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BcY9gL and i and not a heavy user

144hz : acer xg270hu

60hz : acer k272hul

both have 1 ms response time the only difference is hz

both are 2k resolution monitors

Not being a heavy user I think you could settle for 60Hz - you got the final decision

Second monitor - acer k272hul - says that is has an IPS panel with 6ms response time

Personally I would recommend you an IPS panel with less than 8ms response time. IPS looks a lot better than TN. But then again you got the final decision.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

19 hours ago, r3loAded said:

Not being a heavy user I think you could settle for 60Hz - you got the final decision

Second monitor - acer k272hul - says that is has an IPS panel with 6ms response time

Personally I would recommend you an IPS panel with less than 8ms response time. IPS looks a lot better than TN. But then again you got the final decision.

yeah, ips got some great viewing angles and great textures and colors, but tn is personally speaking very suitable for gaming and stuff i will definitely go for 60 hz as it is cheaper than 144hz and i personally thing it fits in my budget .!9_9