Difference between these cards

Sonicking157
Go to solution Solved by Jadan,

One comes out of the box with a stock overclock so that is why the price is inflated.

I was looking around on amazon for a new GPU and I noticed these two 1080s that seemed like the same card but at much different price points. 

https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-11Gbps-Advanced-Graphics-ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-11GPBS/dp/B071J413WY/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1504717836&sr=1-10&keywords=gtx+1080 

This one is $577.89

https://www.amazon.com/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS-GeForce-11Gbps-Gaming-Graphics/dp/B072BHBRLJ/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1504717836&sr=1-7&keywords=gtx+1080

While this one is $659

is it just a difference in clock speeds, and if so could you not just oc the cheaper one to that level?

One comes out of the box with a stock overclock so that is why the price is inflated.

QUOTE ME FOR A REPLY.

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600  CPU Cooler - Wraith Spire  Motherboard -  ASRock AB350M Pro4  RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series (2x4) DDR4-2400  Graphics Card - Asus STRIX GTX 950 (upgrade in future)  Power Supply - Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze  Storage - WD Blue 1TB | PNY 120GB 2.5" SSD  Case - Fractal Design Core 2300

"Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow and lose in order to gain, because life’s greatest lessons are learnt through pain.

The clock speed is different, I was looking for a 1070 from Asus and there were different versions of the same cards. 8G, A8G and O8G. I think that these were the ones but i may be wrong. Anyway, so the O8g card was less expensive that the normal 8G one at the time i checked but chacking just now, it seems to have increased. The explanation for why it was cheaper before would probably just be supply and demand. But right now it looks like most prices for GPU's are not quite where they are supposed to be just yet so i recommend you wait until things get back to normal if you were planning to buy one