$470 AMD Build is it possible ?

wsee911

So my aim of this build is to have a PC at my apartment when I am back in University just a simple AMD machine.

I already have a GTX 670 ready to put in this build. This PC will be for gaming, office work and programming.

The budget will be $470 including the must have 3 items below.

So I must have these 3 items in this build others are open for discussion

The 3 items are Cooler Master HAF XB case, 1TB Seagate SSHD and Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 rams.

So can anyone suggest the processor, motherboard and power supply for me ?

I was thinking of a FX 4350 CPU maybe a ASUS M5A97 LE and a PSU around 500Watts.

Any ideas from you guys ?

I already have all peripherals and the monitor would be just a damn small 1366x768 resolution so the graphics card should be able to run next gen games at very high settings.  This is a PC just for 2 more years until I finish my studies.

Thanks in advanced for all your suggestions.

CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Graphics Card: ASUS DCUII670

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6GT Case: Cooler Master HAF XM PSU: Corsair TX750M

fx8350, Giga 990fx, and a corsair HX750 psu. I believe 180, 140, and 60 after rebate. Respectively.

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

So my aim of this build is to have a PC at my apartment when I am back in University just a simple AMD machine.

I already have a GTX 670 ready to put in this build. This PC will be for gaming, office work and programming.

The budget will be $470 including the must have 3 items below.

So I must have these 3 items in this build others are open for discussion

The 3 items are Cooler Master HAF XB case, 1TB Seagate SSHD and Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 rams.

So can anyone suggest the processor, motherboard and power supply for me ?

I was thinking of a FX 4350 CPU maybe a ASUS M5A97 LE and a PSU around 500Watts.

Any ideas from you guys ?

I already have all peripherals and the monitor would be just a damn small 1366x768 resolution so the graphics card should be able to run next gen games at very high settings.  This is a PC just for 2 more years until I finish my studies.

Thanks in advanced for all your suggestions.

wait is this supposed to be an upgrade from ur current system in your sig?

If you don't have the ram already I'd get the cheapest you can find as it's just ram and all the bad manufactures are gone so unless you get some OEM crap you'll be fine.

fx8350, Giga 990fx, and a corsair HX750 psu. I believe 180, 140, and 60 after rebate. Respectively.

That's a mighty big PSU a good 80+ gold 600-650 watt will be just fine.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

SSHD's aren't really a good value. You're better off with a ssd+hdd. As for the ram, brand doesn't really matter and you should just be getting the cheapest kit that looks good. 

The high profile of vengeance ram can really get in the way of aftermarket cooler which you should be getting to oc if you're going AMD.

470 USD?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

wait is this supposed to be an upgrade from ur current system in your sig?

err no its a new PC the 3 items is a must have in the system and the 670 will be taken from my main rig.

CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Graphics Card: ASUS DCUII670

SSHD's aren't really a good value. You're better off with a ssd+hdd. As for the ram, brand doesn't really matter and you should just be getting the cheapest kit that looks good. 

The high profile of vengeance ram can really get in the way of aftermarket cooler which you should be getting to oc if you're going AMD.

470 USD?

ya 470 USD cause my budget can't achieve a SSD + HDD I would like it too if I can buy a SSD and HDD lol

there is something to note though I am from Malaysia the budget quoted in USD was actually around RM1500 in Malaysia currency

ya 470 USD cause my budget can't achieve a SSD + HDD I would like it too if I can buy a SSD and HDD lol

there is something to note though I am from Malaysia the budget quoted in USD was actually around RM1500 in Malaysia currency

Where are you actually shopping from then?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you don't have the ram already I'd get the cheapest you can find as it's just ram and all the bad manufactures are gone so unless you get some OEM crap you'll be fine.

That's a mighty big PSU a good 80+ gold 600-650 watt will be just fine.

I planned to buy the vengeance rams because if ever I don't need this AMD machine anymore I can salvage the ram into my current intel rig also using 2x4GB vengeance rams

I planned to buy the vengeance rams because if ever I don't need this AMD machine anymore I can salvage the ram into my current intel rig also using 2x4GB vengeance rams

Well it's ram not rams and I can't see why your upgrading to AMD as there is not any performance to gain going to a 8350 unless your video editing in which you should get a 3770k since you have a Z77 motherboard so I'd recommend to just sell the 670 and get a 780 or something and put a H100i in your rig and maybe get a new case like a Define R4. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Where are you actually shopping form then?

some shops locally I guess. This post was made to suggest the hardware components under that budget.

Cause if I were to get those hardware from newegg or NCIX the shipping fees would be crazy lol

Thanks though I feel like I am a idiot for asking this here since the components bought from your country might be a lot cheaper than buying from my country but suggestions are fine I will do the money calculating later.

some shops locally I guess. This post was made to suggest the hardware components under that budget.

Cause if I were to get those hardware from newegg or NCIX the shipping fees would be crazy lol

Thanks though I feel like I am a idiot for asking this here since the components bought from your country might be a lot cheaper than buying from my country but suggestions are fine I will do the money calculating later.

Do the local shops have websites you can link me to?

Well it's ram not rams and I can't see why your upgrading to AMD as there is not any performance to gain going to a 8350 unless your video editing in which you should get a 3770k since you have a Z77 motherboard so I'd recommend to just sell the 670 and get a 780 or something and put a H100i in your rig and maybe get a new case like a Define R4. 

I like your idea but this AMD machine would be used as 2nd PC at my University apartment.  The main rig with 3570k will be at my house I plan to keep that rig till I have money to upgrade it further I already have plans for it.  While the AMD machine components some will be salvaged or sold when I finish my studies.  Moreover, I would be going back to my home every weekend so I plan to have 2 gaming PCs. One at home and one at the apartment.

Sorry if I am a bit of a trouble  :wacko:

Do the local shops have websites you can link me to?

Sorry but no they don't have websites but I will link their price list to you. The way they communicate to their customers are thru Facebook or local tech forums. My country is like stuck in the old ages while still trying to maintain an advance civilisation. LOL

http://www.hardwarezone.com.my/priceLists/preview/430467#.Upwko8QW2SI

Sorry but no they don't have websites but I will link their price list to you. The way they communicate to their customers are thru Facebook or local tech forums. My country is like stuck in the old ages while still trying to maintain an advance civilisation. LOL

http://www.hardwarezone.com.my/priceLists/preview/430467#.Upwko8QW2SI

So what's your actual budget? 

So what's your actual budget? 

RM1500 is my actual budget I already have a GTX 670 so left the other components.