G-Sync doesn't work

SlaughterSmurf

In various games including League of Legends, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Borderlands 2 G-Sync is not working. I tried DDU and reinstalling drivers. I have my framerates capped to 142FPS via Rivatuner on my 144hz monitor (Asus ROG PG278Q). G-Sync is enabled in Nvidia Control Panel. I am using displayport with my GTX 1080. I also have a 2nd 720p monitor connected, but I don't play games on it. G-Sync works for the pendulum test. However in Fallout New Vegas it was just running at ~90fps according to Rivatuner and I was getting nasty tearing causing it to look horrible. What am I doing wrong?

could just be the games your trying to play, or could be some wonky driver update gone bad. have you tried to do a complete uninstall and reinstall for your graphics driver? as well, try not limiting in riva tuner. with your 1080 and just let that baby work its magic. Not sure if this would help, but you could also try running your games through geforce experience and run recommended settings to see if it could be something your settings in each game thats making it go a bit haywire. Not sure if any of this helps =P