Hello there!

So been looking into building a completely new computer, here is the part list I'm currently looking at: 

Case: Corsair Carbide Clear 400C Midi Tower

PSU: Corsair CX750M, 750W PSU

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Prosessor

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Cooler

Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz 16GB

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero, Socket-1151

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD & Samsung 960 EVO 500GB. (Also have a 1TB harddrive laying around for picture storage etc. 

Also have on the list: 

Corsair HD140 RGB 140mm 2-pack Controller.

NZXT Internal USB 2.0 Hub

So my questions are:

Would you go with another case? If so, wich one and why?

Any other tips on motherboard? Took this one because I know it's cabable of controlling RAM RGB.

Anything else you would change? Really looking forward to hear from you, I wish to save money where money can be saved, so if u have any PSU tips etc. please let me know.

EDIT: 

After some afterthought and great tips from the community  the build now looks as follows:

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Midi Tower Matte Black

PSU: Corsair CS 650M, 650W PSU

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Prosessor

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Cooler

Graphics card: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz 16GB

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus, Socket-AM4

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD & Samsung 960 EVO 500GB. (Also have a 1TB harddrive laying around for picture storage etc.) (all these drives I already own.)

Out of everything I would change it's the PSU. The newer CX models from Corsair are good but I still wouldn't use a bronze unit in a build like this. I wouldn't use anything below gold, which there are a lot of decent gold units for a good price. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

5 minutes ago, Geekie said:

Samsung 960 EVO 500MB

damn must be like $1

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

damn must be like $1

HAHAHA, faail

7 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Out of everything I would change it's the PSU. The newer CX models from Corsair are good but I still wouldn't use a bronze unit in a build like this. I wouldn't use anything below gold, which there are a lot of decent gold units for a good price. 

Will look into that, been looking at Corsair RM650i, 650W PSU. but will take a deeper dive into it.

2 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

what do you plan to actually do with this machine?

If you are gaming, gaming only, and doing nothing else, an i7-7700K is indeed the best CPU you can get for that at the moment. 

But if you are doing literally anything outside of gaming including heavy multitasking, AMD ryzen may be a better candidate. the AM4 socket is also supposed to have longer support since now that coffee lake is going to come out LGA 1151 is kind of a dead socket. 

That's another thing, I would recommend waiting until intel releases coffee lake. They're supposed to do so in less than a month and will have 6 core offerings for the 7700K price. 

thanks for the heads up! Ye, have to return my laptop and get the money back first, so if I know them correctly that will take like 3-4 weeks so will probably be released by the time I get money in my bank account. ^^

The case is quite expensive, and doesn't come with a TAG side panel, which is quite common for the price. 

Get a better PSU. You should be able to find better 550W PSUs for around the same price. 

You can easily get a cheaper motherboard. The RAM has its own software, and if you want Asus' Aura, you can get any motherboard that supports it. So you can save quite a bit there. 

Why a 960 Evo? A cheaper SATA drive won't perform much worse in real world applications. 

The 7700K is best if you're exclusively gaming, and using some Adobe CC. For a more all round system, Ryzen would be better. The LGA1151 socket is outdated in 2 months when Coffee Lake comes out, so there's not upgrade path either

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The case is quite expensive, and doesn't come with a TAG side panel, which is quite common for the price. 

Get a better PSU. You should be able to find better 550W PSUs for around the same price. 

You can easily get a cheaper motherboard. The RAM has its own software, and if you want Asus' Aura, you can get any motherboard that supports it. So you can save quite a bit there. 

Why a 960 Evo? A cheaper SATA drive won't perform much worse in real world applications. 

The 7700K is best if you're exclusively gaming, and using some Adobe CC. For a more all round system, Ryzen would be better. The LGA1151 socket is outdated in 2 months when Coffee Lake comes out, so there's not upgrade path either

I bought the 960 EVO a while ago, so will just be putting in the SSDs and M.2 that I have laying around :P Like mentioned above, will find another PSU, loving the advice! thank you everyone <3

13 hours ago, Ophidio said:

13 hours ago, seon123 said:

13 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

what do you plan to actually do with this machine?

If you are gaming, gaming only, and doing nothing else, an i7-7700K is indeed the best CPU you can get for that at the moment. 

But if you are doing literally anything outside of gaming including heavy multitasking, AMD ryzen may be a better candidate. the AM4 socket is also supposed to have longer support since now that coffee lake is going to come out LGA 1151 is kind of a dead socket. 

That's another thing, I would recommend waiting until intel releases coffee lake. They're supposed to do so in less than a month and will have 6 core offerings for the 7700K price. 

Changes has been done. A better combo now? :D

my only recommendation now would be faster clocked RAM. Ryzen benefits a lot from faster clocked RAM but it's not something that you have to have, everything you have chosen is great and looks exactly what I would build. Just make sure you request the AM4 bracket from Corsair for your cooler or you'll have to wait even longer for the bracket to come in. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

23 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

my only recommendation now would be faster clocked RAM. Ryzen benefits a lot from faster clocked RAM but it's not something that you have to have, everything you have chosen is great and looks exactly what I would build. Just make sure you request the AM4 bracket from Corsair for your cooler or you'll have to wait even longer for the bracket to come in. 

Will do!

Yeh, googled around and figured. So going for Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB