Wi-Fi high ms.

T0MMEN

I have this asus RT-AC66U router and an asus pce1300 wifi adapter. And theese are the ms im getting in 5ghz bandwith. Im like 2meters away from my wifi router and i have 30/30mbit connection. 
I tryed speedtest by ookla, with the wifi im only getting 10/10mbit. And with cable im getting 30/10mbits. Why is that ? Im thinking its something to do with the channel my 5ghz is on, what do you guys think ?  Im not so good with wifi networking.

dexterennettet.png

Edited by T0MMEN
Tested something.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 8:26 AM, T0MMEN said:

I have this asus RT-AC66U router and an asus pce1300 wifi adapter. And theese are the ms im getting in 5ghz bandwith. Im like 2meters away from my wifi router and i have 30/30mbit connection. 
I tryed speedtest by ookla, with the wifi im only getting 10/10mbit. And with cable im getting 30/10mbits. Why is that ? Im thinking its something to do with the channel my 5ghz is on, what do you guys think ?  Im not so good with wifi networking.

dexterennettet.png

It looks like the router (192.168.1.1) is over taxed. What do you have it doing? What features (bells and whistles) are turned on? Try turning off everything but the firewall.

I've had that same router, it worked great, but then started to overheat (just put your hand on it) and gave those same ping spikes. In my line of work I came across lots of the ASUS 66u/68u's, but for the past two years It's like they've all vanished... not a good sign imo, best router I've ever had.

On 9/8/2017 at 5:03 PM, Brian Blankenship said:

It looks like the router (192.168.1.1) is over taxed. What do you have it doing? What features (bells and whistles) are turned on? Try turning off everything but the firewall.

I used to have this router as a storage, plugged in a 500gb drive with usb. But now no features are on.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

2 hours ago, Belgiangurista said:

I've had that same router, it worked great, but then started to overheat (just put your hand on it) and gave those same ping spikes. In my line of work I came across lots of the ASUS 66u/68u's, but for the past two years It's like they've all vanished... not a good sign imo, best router I've ever had.

1 hour ago, T0MMEN said:

I used to have this router as a storage, plugged in a 500gb drive with usb. But now no features are on.

@Belgiangurista has a point. If the router is overheating it will have shit performance. If the router has USB ports, try a laptop cooler. Thats how I keep my router nice and cool. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.